Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Kurukshetra - The Epic War (by By PLAYTINUM SOFTWARE AND MULTIMEDIA PRIVATE LIMITED)

That's one long developer name! Didn't have room to include [Universal].

I don't know anything about the game, but I like dice games and the graphics (in the screenshots, anyway) look nice and colorful.

Has anybody played this yet? How's the translation? I'm worried it may impact my ability to learn how to play the game effectively.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm interested in this game too, just awaiting some impressions.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I saw this pop up on App Shopper for $2.99 and hesitated but for $0.99 might give it a try after I get off work (~10 hours). The ethnic forklore vibe looks refreshing. Developer Playtinum Software has a bunch of titles on App Store but none that seem very familiar. If nothing else after playing this game you can impress your friends with words like Mahabharata, Kurukshetra, or Pandava provided you can pronounce them.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Looks cool, but totally cannot tell what kind of game Kurushetra is supposed to be from the screenshots and description.

Graphics and names are heck of cool though.

Do you think Sanuku will post a Youtube video of this?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
If nothing else after playing this game you can impress your friends with words like Mahabharata, Kurukshetra, or Pandava provided you can pronounce them.
Well, these are Indian folklores. Mahabharata is the epic-est of all Indian tales. It basically tells the history of the Indian gods. Kurukshetra I believe is a place in India - a sacred Hindu place of worship. Pandave is something I am hearing for the first time.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I saw this pop up on App Shopper for $2.99 and hesitated but for $0.99 might give it a try after I get off work (~10 hours). The ethnic forklore vibe looks refreshing. Developer Playtinum Software has a bunch of titles on App Store but none that seem very familiar. If nothing else after playing this game you can impress your friends with words like Mahabharata, Kurukshetra, or Pandava provided you can pronounce them.
While there's a good idea buried in here, the game itself doesn't follow through. The whole "choosing your army" bit for each round is completely pointless; all you do every time is make a base of the most expensive units you can afford across the board, using your spare change to fill in the gaps with stronger ones, then assign your higher dice rolls to the weaker units and the lower rolls to the stronger.

The computer then shows its army and rolls its own dice; you don't get to see any of this beforehand, so you're expected to set up your army completely blind. Fortunately, you'll never lose as long as you always just buy the best units you can afford, so it's a non-issue in that regard.

After that you fight a one-on-one battle with a commander, which is more interesting but comes down to rolling dice again. You can manually assign up to three special abilities to each of the Attack and Healing dice, which use up mana every round. The idea is to end with a higher total score than your opponent after the bonuses are added and the AI does its rolls; whoever gets the higher roll does that figure as damage to their opponent. In addition, if you roll your character's particular weapon with the Weapon die you perform an automatic critical hit, and if you roll Surprise on that die, you do a small amount of damage that can't be opposed.

Unfortunately, all this feels very shallow, and is more dictated by luck than anything else. The whole game feels reminiscent of Dice Soccer, but rather less engaging, with the whole army battle aspect appearing tacked-on and unbalanced, and requiring absolutely no strategy or planning to win.