• Publisher: F5 Games
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 73.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.7
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: TA Plays House of the Lost - The closest thing to iOS Spelunky - http://toucharcade.com/2013/02/21/ta-plays-house-of-the-lost-mini-the-closest-thing-to-ios-spelunky/

In a world where games are designed so everyone will eventually get to and conquer the final level comes an action/adventure game that throws the idea of continues, saves, and cheat codes out the window.

Sorry kids, but there was once a day that dying in a game meant actually dying. It's time again to face the real consequences of mistakes, and to learn how to use the knowledge they can bring.

Your sister has disappeared into the House of the Lost, and only you can save her. As you grab your slingshot and step inside you know that you're in for the fight of your life.

GAME FEATURES

RANDOM LEVELS
Each time you play House of the Lost you'll experience a different set of levels and challenges. Enemies will change, map layouts will be different, and the House will test you at every turn.

WEAPON CRAFTING
You'll need great weapons if you're going to survive this adventure and it will be up to you to create them. Combine weapons and items you find along the way to make crazy new weapons to aid you in your quest.

EPIC BOSS BATTLES
The zombies and monsters that haunt these halls are deadly enough but nothing will be able to prepare you for the boss battles that await.

MULTIPLE ENVIRONMENTS
You'll find four different environments within the house that all have their own challenges and boss to face. Content updates in the future will add even more to extend the adventure.

SECRETS GALORE
Walk through walls, track down clues, and do your best to unlock the secrets of the House. It may be your only chance at survival.

GAME CENTER LEADERBOARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Think you're the best player around? Track your completion time and high score on the Game Center leader boards. If exploration is more your thing then you can try to seek out all the achievements that the House has to offer.

MORE CONTENT COMING SOON
Additional levels and environments will keep the gameplay fresh and new secret bosses will keep you searching the haunted halls of the House for months to come.
10-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Hey everyone, I'm so excited that House of the Lost is finally available! I wanted to post our reveal trailer over here in case anyone had missed it and to let you know that I can't wait to hear your feedback on the game.

It's free and on the App Store right now, so go check it out!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/house-of-the-lost/id562973299?ls=1&mt=8

Here is a gameplay video from one of the first levels to show you how the controls work.

--------------------------------
Brandon Pollet - F5 Games
www.f5games.com
Twitter @Readmore

Last edited by Brandon Pollet; 10-31-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added gameplay video.

11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
House of the Lost Version 1.0.1 Coming Soon

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to thank all of you that have played House of the Lost and to let you know that our first update has been submitted to Apple and should be available next week.

You can get a rundown of the new features in the update over at our website, http://f5games.com/2012/11/house-of-...nd-soundtrack/ , as well as get a link to the Official soundtrack on SoundCloud.

Let me know what you think of the game. We've got a couple more updates planned out between now and the end of the year but if anyone has any feedback about things we should tweak I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Brandon

www.f5games.com
Twitter @Readmore
01-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Great. Really good news. Had it on my watch list since day one when TouchArcade covered it.

How does the IAP work?
01-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar0d View Post
Great. Really good news. Had it on my watch list since day one when TouchArcade covered it.

How does the IAP work?
Edit: apologies.

Last edited by blibby; 01-15-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: mistake
01-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blibby View Post
Roguelike with IAP? I hope they go bankrupt. Shame. Doesn't matter how much potential this game has, until IAP is removed from the mix, it is trying to rip you off. I want to own my games.

IAP = nothing. You're paying real money (somebodies labour) for nothing, fools.
Wow there. "Hold your horses" is the expression I think fits best.
It's like a free version and the IAP unlocks the full game. That's all.
01-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar0d View Post
Wow there. "Hold your horses" is the expression I think fits best.
It's like a free version and the IAP unlocks the full game. That's all.
Hey guys, thanks for asking about House of the Lost!

Jar0d is right, the only IAP in the game is an unlock that converts the game from a demo to the full deal. There are no consumables or anything.

As for an iPod version, we actually just submitted the iPhone/iPod version to Apple for review last week. It's called 'House of the Lost Mini' and has a new UI that is made to fit the iPod/iPhone screen.

One thing I want to point out, the game is currently only recommended for iPhone 4S and newer devices. We've put a lot of work into optimizing the game for phones but the smaller amount of memory in the iPhone 4 is still giving us trouble. We're going to continue working on it, so hopefully iPhone 4 owners will be able to play it soon, but we didn't want to hold it back from anyone with a newer phone who was interested.

I've put a screenshot below that show you how we re-organized the UI. You can also check out some more over at our blog if you're interested ( http://f5games.com ) Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions.

[ Edit - The price for the unlock on the iPad is $2.99 on the iPhone it will be $1.99 ]
Thanks,

www.f5games.com
Twitter @Readmore

Last edited by Brandon Pollet; 01-15-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added unlock price
01-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Edit : Apologies to the author. I will support this game, although I'd prefer if people stay away from IAP to demo their games.

It is perfectly possible to release a demo and full paid version, and not have the App itself accessing our credit cards.

Once again, apologies to the author, and I'll purchase the game as my mea culpa.
01-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Edit : Apologies to the author. I will support this game, although I'd prefer if people stay away from IAP to demo their games.

It is perfectly possible to release a demo and full paid version, and not have the App itself accessing our credit cards.

Once again, apologies to the author, and I'll purchase the game as my mea culpa.
No worries, I know how IAP can be exploitive in a lot of games. Just try the game and buy it if you think it's worth the money, that is really the idea behind us doing the unlock as an IAP. We wanted to have the smallest amount of steps between a player enjoying the game and being able to purchase it and continue their adventure.

www.f5games.com
Twitter @Readmore
01-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:

Why do you care either way? The main advantage of an in-game unlock is that you can apply whatever progress you have made in the game to the unlocked version, rather than starting over. I just don't think it matters much which way you do it.