Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Gubs: A Game of Wit and Luck [Free, Universal]

Quote:
Presented by Yeti Trunk and Gamewright®.

GUBS® is the single-player adaptation of the award-winning family card game. Players can enjoy a fast-paced, hilarious game filled with all sorts of creative card combinations. Easy to learn and to play, GUBS® is an amazingly replayable game with new strategies just waiting to be discovered!

★ Winner of 6 Card Game Awards!
★ Beautifully illustrated artwork!
★ 20 Achievements to unlock!
★ 16:9 Display support coming soon!

Last edited by YetiTrunk; 12-05-2012 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: RE: Added Official Press Release
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Yeti Trunk Introductions

Hello all,

I just wanted to take an opportunity to introduce myself and my company. My name is Matthew Griffin; I am co-founder of Yeti Trunk, and lead designer & coder for Gubs.

Yeti Trunk is best known for our online Action RPG "[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/211580/"]Wanderlust: Rebirth[/URL]" on Steam, but we are expecting to release two mobile apps within the next month (with Gubs being the first of those two). We are a small, two-man company - who have actually never met in person - committed to increasing the expectations people should have from small development teams. It's been a great challenge to make a career out of game development, from scratch, but we're trying our best and hopefully it's apparent in the quality of our games.

We hope you enjoy the game, and look for us to post again very, very soon!

Cheers!
~Matthew Griffin, Yeti Trunk
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Looks great!

Welcome to Touch Arcade - be sure to sign up for a developer account so you can get that (very nice looking) app icon as your avatar and get into the dev-only section.

Definitely going to be checking this out tonight...
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Nice app, good job Matthew! Good AI and a funny card game. What I miss is a separate overview table somewhere to look up all the cards despite the double tap info. Would be useful for new players. But even the official rules pdf doesn't have it, so I'll have to live without it (Makes me want to get the real thing, but it seems impossible to find it in Germany...) I'd pay instantly for it, were there any multiplayer options, so I could pick on my friends on the daily train rides. Dear devs, will you please implement at least pass and play?

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 12-06-2012 at 02:43 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 04:17 AM

I love this card game. Congratulations on this app, first impressions are that it is well done. I would also vote for pass and play and multiplayer.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Great game guys but I have experienced at least 1 crash in 3 games on my iPad 3, iOS 6.01 (not sure of the details but will try to report more details if it happens again).

Since this is a single player only game with the AI and number of players already set, how about some stats on win/loss ratios tracked separately for Normal and Expert modes?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

We're already working on the first title update. I've already done some optimizing but I need to test on an iPad before I can submit the update.

Thank you for the feedback!

~Matt
Old 12-07-2012, 07:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Really good conversion of this game over to iPhone/iPad. My daughter and I have and play the physical version a fair amount, so it was nice to see this drop for iOS. I've only experienced a crash once (out of maybe 5-6 games on my iPad 3). Glad to see there are optimizations coming down the pike!

Any chance of online MP or at least local multi-device bluetooth play? That seems to be the only thing missing from this package.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

MULTIPLAYER
There's always a chance, but we'd have to see some pretty huge support for the game, I'd imagine. The bluetooth idea sounds like it would be fun! Still, it would surely deter people from purchasing the card game if they could do it all on their phones; with this in mind, it may not ever happen.

COMPATIBILITY
Most devices experiencing crashes are 3GS, iPod 4 and iPad 1, which all have 256mb of ram. I'm working on getting the game to run well on my 3GS (which also has the slowest processor of the 3) in order to help with compatibility.

~Matt
Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiTrunk View Post
MULTIPLAYER
There's always a chance, but we'd have to see some pretty huge support for the game, I'd imagine. The bluetooth idea sounds like it would be fun! Still, it would surely deter people from purchasing the card game if they could do it all on their phones; with this in mind, it may not ever happen.

COMPATIBILITY
Most devices experiencing crashes are 3GS, iPod 4 and iPad 1, which all have 256mb of ram. I'm working on getting the game to run well on my 3GS (which also has the slowest processor of the 3) in order to help with compatibility.

~Matt
How about some basic stats?