★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: TicBits presents: Leonard St. Vile's Cruel Jewels!

"It has earned the right to be called the best match-three puzzler in the App Store" -- AppAdvice.com

Action-packed match-three gameplay! Line up 3 or more jewels to knock them off the board and score; make longer matches to power up jewels with lots of special abilities. Cages, countdowns and the diabolical Leonard himself will keep you on your toes.

Make the fireworks happen by setting off power jewels and jewel cascades. Quick fingers will keep the jewels cascading to build up massive scores!

Pummel your chums in the new Pass-n-Play multiplayer mode! Share a single iOS device in a back-and-forth battle to the death.

Are you ready to fight the cruelest jeweler of all, Leonard St. Vile? Take turns matching jewels to trade blows with your adversary: outwit him with clever matches to earn bonus moves.

What suits your mood? Soothing and zenlike, frantic and furious, or tense and tactical: Cruel Jewels can scratch your itch.

Cruel Jewels comes packed with goodies, including Game Center integration and gorgeous retina graphics for the iPad 4 and iPhone 5.

Don't keep Leonard St. Vile waiting: download Cruel Jewels FOR FREE!

Follow us on Twitter for the latest news:
08-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Game Impressions

Last edited by killercow; 08-08-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Here you go ; )

08-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Game Impressions

Really solid Match-Three Gameplay as far as I can tell after playing the Game for like 20 Minutes straight through. Well done TicBits!
08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
I agree with Sanuku. This is pretty standard match 3 game play, but also a very nice and solid implementation with a decent variety of modes. Everything is quite polished and attractive. There are in-game ads that can be removed for a $1.99 in-app purchase.

Still, I have no idea what is scrumptious about this game ;-)

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 08-08-2012 at 11:50 PM.
08-09-2012, 04:34 AM

I saw the youtube video and been mention of the adverts at the bottom of the screen, on the iphone the only advert i have seen (if you call it that) was from looking at a card off screen after the game finished.
08-09-2012, 04:36 AM

or and SCRUMPTIOUS - good looking, delicious.
08-09-2012, 11:02 AM
The game is indeed monetized by ads, they appear on the bottom of the screen during gameplay (when there's ads available), but hopefully they shouldn't distract from the game at all!

If anyone has any thoughts or comments regarding the game then please let us know!

TicBits Ltd
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Since you asked, here are a few comments:

- it might be a nice option to be able to turn off the hints (twitching jewel) that appear if you don't make a move after a few seconds. I find it a bit distracting when I am trying to find the best move.

- after just a few games at the tricky difficulty, the timed game modes seems to be the most challenging and much more so then the other modes.

- I really like the game, but I am on the fence as to whether I will spring to remove ads or not. In the app store economy, a couple bucks is a bit pricey for yet another matching game, even one so nicely implemented. Also, I am not finding the ads too distracting (as I usually do). I am a bit embarrassed to admit this.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
08-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Loving this

OK - so its only a match 3 - but it's a rather beautiful match 3.
Quite happy to put up with the ads - 69p/99c may have tempted me to get rid of them, but I'll live with it.
08-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Having an option to turn of hints could make sense. And yeah we're happy with people playing it with ads turned on, we wanted to make the ads non-intrusive, but still offer the option to buy away the ads.

TicBits Ltd