★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Growtopia - Hamumu Software (Robot Wants Kitty dev)

12-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Growtopia - Hamumu Software (Robot Wants Kitty dev)

Growtopia is an experimental multiplayer creative sandbox platformer with crafting. There are no goals, just an infinite number of worlds where you can create whatever you want with all your friends. Everything in the world can be grown from trees - plant Dirt Trees, Lava Trees, and of course Jetpack Trees. Discover new items by mixing the seeds of trees you already have.

• Build a house, dungeon, or anything else with your friends
  • A universe of unlimited worlds, all persistent and connected to each other with doors you can build
  • Full chat and messaging, innovative lock system to protect your creations and give access to friends
  • Completely free, using a single currency which can be earned in-game
  • Plant seeds to grow trees, mix seed types to create new kinds of items
  • Hundreds of amazing items to discover
  • Supports Xperia Play controls
  • Optimized for small AND large screens
  • Original soundtrack by Cory Mollenhour
Growtopia Website

Link to Android open beta

Release Date: Tentatively scheduled for January 11th on all platforms if everything goes according to plan.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow, looks epic! Excited for the release! How much will this cost?

12-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Loved Robot Wants Kitty so hopefully I'll enjoy this one just as much.

Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
12-31-2012, 07:25 PM
super mario style

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
12-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey, I came here to let people know about this, and it seems people are already noticing!

The beta players have been really hooked on the game, a lot more than I would've expected, so I have high hopes! It's a free game. You can buy Gems with real money, but there's nothing you have to buy, you can easily earn lots of Gems in-game. It's a sandbox, build whatever you want in an infinite number of worlds, and chat with your buddies!

Even though the release is coming up, we're still continuously adding new items to the game, expect it to keep growing for a long time.

P.S. Robinson Techologies is the real power behind this game... I just did the art and a lot of little hacks where I broke the code for him. It's a team effort!
01-01-2013, 04:34 AM
Wow! Looks really great. Definitely looking forward to this one along with The Blockheads
01-02-2013, 04:04 AM
01-02-2013, 04:20 AM
haha, you are right, Loved Robot Wants Kitty so hopefully I'll enjoy this one just as much.thanks
01-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Oh sweet defentinly getting and supporting y'all
01-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Ok so far needs a better tutorial ( maybe I didn't do everything yet since just starting)

V stick to mine better.
Offline mode just to build in your world

Over all though great game