★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: INDIECADE 2012 FINALIST
INDIECADE EAST 2013 FEATURED GAME
GAME CONNECTION 2013 FINALIST
DEVELOP INDIE SHOWCASE 2012 FINALIST

Get your international squirrel racing team to the top in this exciting race management sim. Run your up-tree urban training facility, build up your team, equip and train them. Then its off to the racetracks in their private jet. From jungles to futuristic cities and streets to deserts, the squirrels face a barrage of opponents.

Watch the race progress from above with live-generated race commentary and, as team manager, dive in with mini-game boosts and power-ups when its time to overtake. Spend your winnings wisely. But watch out - squirrels are unpredictable and love the high life.

We ramped up the financial elements by adding a whole banking system - use it to get rich or wreak havoc!

AD-FREE VERSION
INCLUDES 50 FREE A-COINS WORTH $1

Any issues or queries? Please email support@playniac.com and we will respond. Note that it's not possible to respond to issues raised in reviews.

REVIEWS

Flat out brilliant. IndieCade 2012 Red Carpet Awards judges

Remarkably slickwith a playful spirit and sharp wit. The Observer

"Playniac has developed quite the interesting management sim. Mechanics evolve as the game progresses and features abound." IndieGame Mag

"An absurdist skin stretched over a surprisingly deep management sim that hits that dark magic sweet spot of addictive gameplay" Turnstyle News

An outstanding experiment in hybridizing genres () a truly clever experimental game (4.5/5 stars) Indie Game Reviewer

"Check out International Racing Squirrels because who wouldn't." Dailymotion AppJudgement

Fascinating race management sim. Brilliantly, the title combines challenges. Guardian Gamesblog

A well-presented game, with a sinister undertone behind the humour and apparent cuteness. Rock Paper Shotgun

FEATURES

Totally original game with over 25 levels and over 30 hours of gameplay.

Compete in 8 different races and 3 race classes. Unlock secret tracks only available to true experts. Exciting new tracks coming soon!

Use cash, checking accounts, savings accounts and credit cards to manage your acorns however you want - borrow loads or save up and splurge; it's up to you!

Deploy four in-race power ups - will you use the jet pack, acorn grenade, grappling hook or power shield?

House your squirrels in a repurposed road cone, a broken motorcycle helmet, an abandoned cardboard box or a derelict birdhouse - each upgrades through four levels of luxury.

Buy and sell a selection of bizarre squirrel characters, each with an amusing bio.

Shop in the comprehensive store, with a crazy selection of energy drinks, racing shoes, goggles, helmets and squirrel bling.

Train your squirrels with running machines, weights, massage and the squirrel martial art Squdo - each upgrades through four levels of effectiveness and awards critical stats boosts to your team members.

Face dilemma-inducing interactive story scenarios that affect not just your money, but also your squirrels' stats - what will YOU do? New scenarios coming soon!

Did we mention UP-TREE URBAN TRAINING FACILITY!

Follow @playniac on Twitter or 'like' us on Facebook (facebook.com/playniac) for latest International Racing Squirrels info!
01-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
It's against the rules to ask for codes
01-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhen View Post
Demo video? Promo codes?
It isn't new, I created this thread because it's on sale. i discovered you can play it Kongregate.com.
01-11-2013, 08:42 AM
The Kongregate version of International Racing Squirrels is the original game and will give you an idea of the gameplay. Please rate it if you like it.

The iPad version has had about 1 year more development - there are lots more new features and many more coming, including new scenarios, shop items and race tracks.

Enjoy them both!
01-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playniac View Post
The Kongregate version of International Racing Squirrels is the original game and will give you an idea of the gameplay. Please rate it if you like it.

The iPad version has had about 1 year more development - there are lots more new features and many more coming, including new scenarios, shop items and race tracks.

Enjoy them both!
Thanks for showing up! I'll tell you one thing, the game has me intrigued. I noticed this game when it came out, but had no iPad at the time. Given it's quirky nature, light strategic gameplay, and production values, I'm surprised it didn't garner more attention.

I didn't spend much time playing the flash version because I've lost my computer glasses. A few questions...
Are there iaps? I see the game uses currency but it didn't appear to be purchasable in the flash version (many flash games now sell in-app currency). I would prefer the answer to be no.
Will you continue to maintain the paid version (at least leaving it available in the store) when you release the ad-supported one?
Is it possible to issue commands while the game is paused?

Thank you for your time.