★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How does apple contact you about app approval / rejection / fixes required

07-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
How does apple contact you about app approval / rejection / fixes required

Hi there,

I'm waiting for approval on my 2nd app, and was wondering if they have maybe sent an e-mail regarding some changes.

When my first app was approved, I didn't get any email contact - I just happened to be passing through iTunes Connect - twice a day - and saw that it was approved one day.

I'm thinking that either apple don't send out emails regarding approval, or they do and I just didn't get it - if it's the 2nd case, then I might not be getting any other emails from them either.

Can someone shed some light on this matter?

Many thanks in advance...
Mal
07-01-2009, 04:21 AM
that'd be pretty silly if apple didn't even notify your app was approved. +_+

07-01-2009, 04:56 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
I'm pretty sure Apple will email you if your app is approved, and it'll take some time to propagate to each app store.
07-01-2009, 05:09 AM
Send a message via MSN to daveak
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy1233 View Post
I'm pretty sure Apple will email you if your app is approved, and it'll take some time to propagate to each app store.
They usually do, however when my second app was released it just appeared in the store, no email. You will find this happens some times.

Alpha Numeric - Find words and solve sums against the clock.
07-01-2009, 06:40 AM
For me, they send pigeons.
Usually about 50 pigeons, and each pigeon has a word on a label attached to it's foot. But some of the pigeons get to my house in the wrong order, so I find it hard to piece together the words.

Look out for a flock of pigeons if you are expecting an app to be approved.

Hakuna Matata
07-01-2009, 06:53 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbg View Post
for me, they send pigeons.
Usually about 50 pigeons, and each pigeon has a word on a label attached to it's foot. But some of the pigeons get to my house in the wrong order, so i find it hard to piece together the words.

Look out for a flock of pigeons if you are expecting an app to be approved.
lol!
07-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Carrier pigeons, or racing pigeons? :P

I just did a search, and I didn't get any email from apple regarding the app being approved - weird! I did get other emails from them regarding the account being set up etc.

Mal
07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I've gotten an email from Apple 2 out of 3 times. (1st submission + 2 updates.) So it would seem that it's not automated, and depends on somebody remembering to send the mail.

--Eric

Realmaze3D on the App Store
Realmaze3Free: 3 free mazes (a taste of Realmaze3D)
07-01-2009, 11:48 AM
I just got an e-mail earler on regarding the v1.1 update ( you can't mention prices in the overall description, due to different regions ). For the initial approval, it must have just been overlooked ( I'm sure the App Store review team are pretty busy! ).

Mal
07-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah sometimes they do miss it out. I haven't got it since couple of months ago.

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!