★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Drakerider - Now FREE through Chapter 2!

01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Drakerider - Now FREE through Chapter 2!

Just saw an update and this is what the change was. For those who dont have it yet, this makes the game cheaper to purchase the whole thing, adn i highly recommend it.

It isnt as good as Chaos Rings titles, but it holds pretty strong for a Square Enix iOS title.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Wow! It is huge! Gotta try it for tonight only, hope it plays well on tv. Tonight is busy for me cause I just for a Gameloft duo wireless controller, so if you all were sick of all my hdmi posts, now its going to be wireless controller posts! First ampen hybrid stylus, then soundfrreaq wireless speaker, then hdmi tv, and now a duo gamer wireless bluetooth joystick. What this has to do with this game? Nothing! Except maybe the tv part. Hehe

Iphone version

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drakerider/id516537963?mt=8

01-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Just so I'm understanding the deal properly, chapters 1&2 are free, chapters 3,4 and 5 are paid?
01-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Just so I'm understanding the deal properly, chapters 1&2 are free, chapters 3,4 and 5 are paid?
One is free. 2-4 are $6.99 each or $15.99 for all chapters.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
01-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
If i remember correctly, only the Into chapter was included in the free download, and each chapter was an IAP unlock, and then there's a bundle pack to unlock every chapter.

Im not sure if they changed the bundle pack price though.

Nonetheless, getting 2 chapters for free is still a very good deal considering the Sqare Enix label.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
One is free. 2-4 are $6.99 each or $15.99 for all chapters.
Oh ok... so basically they are giving out 1 chapter for free... Did they change the bundle pack price? Or is the sale basically to let people play a chapter more before deciding to buy?

01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
actually i think the chapter that was always free was chapter 1 and now chapter 2 is free as well so you have only to buy 3, 4 and 5 and now the full price would be 15.99$ that is the price that was on sale during the holidays
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
actually i think the chapter that was always free was chapter 1 and now chapter 2 is free as well so you have only to buy 3, 4 and 5 and now the full price would be 15.99$ that is the price that was on sale during the holidays
Yeah sorry, this is right.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't get it. First the voiceovers are all in Japanese, that is a shame.

Second, can some explain the weird combat system? I don't get it with the chains and colors and all.

Graphics are really really impressive though on my tv. Looks like a console game for sure. The cutscenes look wonderful, just wish the voiceovers were in english not japanese. Can't see why they wouldn't use english, would have made the game a lot better.
01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I don't get it. First the voiceovers are all in Japanese, that is a shame.

Second, can some explain the weird combat system? I don't get it with the chains and colors and all.

Graphics are really really impressive though on my tv. Looks like a console game for sure. The cutscenes look wonderful, just wish the voiceovers were in english not japanese. Can't see why they wouldn't use english, would have made the game a lot better.
I can see why they might not want to go through the hassle of hiring English voice actors for a game that might not have the exposure to make it worthwhile (and I doubt the US is the primary market for it), but that doesn't mean they couldn't have put in English subtitles as an option.