★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is final fantasy IV worth it?

01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
#1
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 83
Is final fantasy IV worth it?

I love the final fantasy series, but I haven't played IV. Is it worth $15.99?
01-19-2013, 10:07 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koalachlamydia77 View Post
I love the final fantasy series, but I haven't played IV. Is it worth $15.99?
For a fan of the series it is worth it. I eennoy playing it (again on iOS). The story is interesting and gameplay challenging at times. There is a good chance it will eventually be cheaper if you can wait (probably at least a year). If you do wait consider cheaper iOS jrpgs like Fall of Angels, RPGs by Kemco (often on sale for $0.99), Dragon Fantasy, etc...
01-19-2013, 10:26 PM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
For a fan of the series it is worth it. I eennoy playing it (again on iOS). The story is interesting and gameplay challenging at times. There is a good chance it will eventually be cheaper if you can wait (probably at least a year). If you do wait consider cheaper iOS jrpgs like Fall of Angels, RPGs by Kemco (often on sale for $0.99), Dragon Fantasy, etc...
Ok thanks!
01-19-2013, 10:43 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,358
You might wish to consider Final Fantasy Dimensions. Somehow 3D and oldskool Final Fantasy looks weird to me.
01-20-2013, 12:03 AM
#5
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,086
Everyone values money a little differently. I'm not going to tell you it's "worth it". FF4 is one of the most critically acclaimed in the series though. And in my personal opinion 4, 6, and 7 were the best FF has had to offer to date.
01-20-2013, 12:37 AM
#6
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
Everyone values money a little differently. I'm not going to tell you it's "worth it". FF4 is one of the most critically acclaimed in the series though. And in my personal opinion 4, 6, and 7 were the best FF has had to offer to date.

+1.

If you are into JRPG's, this is one of the titles you should not miss.
And the game does't last for hours... it lasts for several dozen of hours. That's a lot of bang for your bucks.

And while you're at it, grab The Dark Gate from Kemco, too.
It offers a cool job system paired with other nice game mechanics and an enjoyable story.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-20-2013 at 12:41 AM.