iPod touch Users: Will You Upgrade to 3rd Gen?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by snowy2004, Jul 1, 2009.

?

Will you upgrade to the 3rd Gen iPod touch?

1. Yes, and I have a 1st gen. Touch.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Yes, and I have a 2nd gen. Touch.

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No, and I have a 1st gen. Touch.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. No, and I have a 2nd gen. Touch.

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. I have a 1st gen. and I'm getting a 2nd. gen. (ex. BTS offer).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'll wait to see it before choosing.

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. snowy2004

snowy2004 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I'm sure many people with Touches who don't plan on getting an iPhone soon are a bit envious of 3GS owners. I'm wondering how envious they are: Are you planning on getting the next iPod touch (Let's call it iPod touch S)?

It will most likely included the speed upgrades of the 3GS (unless Apple wants to keep fragmenting the user-base) and probably add a few more nice features. If Apple follows their usual pattern, we can expect it being announced in September, after the Back to School offer is over (Sept. 8).

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    The only way I will upgrade is if the new iPod Touch has better hardware (as good or better than the iPhone3G S) or if it has a camera. Other wise I'll stick with my iPod Touch 1st Gen.

3. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    I got my Ipod Touch 2G this december so I don't plan buy another one right now. I am probably gonna wait until a Ipod Touch 4G will be out :D.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I have a 2nd Gen iPod Touch, 32GB, which I primarily use as a PDA.

Since games are just a bonus for me, I don't see myself upgrading, especially since I find myself primarily playing stuff like Isotope and logic/puzzle games like Puzzle Maniak, neither of which really need the new hardware to be enjoyable... :cool:

5. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I'll wait before I update. I have a 8GB 2nd gen iPod but need more GB's!!! So if it has a cam and some 3GS features I'm getting it.

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I have a first gen, but ill hold of till a still later version i think.

7. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I already have 300 aside for a nice new 16gb.

8. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    No.

Wifi is as good as it will get (once mine works). Games there are plenty to play.

Given Apple's continual upgrade policy designed to empty pockets as frequently as they can I'll wait for a very compelling reason.

9. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I'm going to "upgrade" from iPhone to the new iPod touch. The phone is just not worth all the trouble. I never upgraded to the 3G because my buddy had one replaced 3 times in 6 months time. He's already setup to get his second 3GS. He treats his phones better than anything. The 3G and 3GS are cheap plastic. AT&T is the worst cell company on the planet. Dropped calls. Calls that don't even come in. I can go on for ever!

Ok fanboys, start your engines!

10. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Yeah. 1st "gen" touch user, and I have actually held off on getting 3.0 due to the rumored launch of a "3rd gen" iTouch device, which, tbqh, will actually be an actual new gen device based on 3Gs, not a redesign like the earlier "gens".

I don't use Apple's usage of the term "gen". I use the video game hardware market's usage. What Apple says are "gens" are really just "redesigns" to me until they put in a vastly upgraded, next gen spec model out there (as 3Gs is, with the all new CPU, GPU and increased RAM).

11. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I will be upgrading to the ipod 3G. I have a 1g 8g and in it is not enough. I'll get the 32gb. It will be nice to have a camera but I'll prefer a better speaker.
    I am also excited about the accesories. For example, I'll be getting a portable projector that will go out soon. I hope there will a gps accesory and that would be more than enough for me for the moment.

12. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #12 Booch138, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    Most likely I will be upgrading from a 32g 2nd Gen iPod touch to the 32g newest one. Only because I am a total gadget whore and I for some odd reason have to have the most up-to-date in terms of Hardware upgrades. Its a really shitty and costly habbit... Especially when the product is an Apple product.

13. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    yeh i'll upgrade. This morning I officially ran out of proper space on my 8GB 1g ipod. i'll upgrade because of space, maybe to 16GB or even 32 if i have the cash. i'd also love a speaker/mic for different games i have because atm i dont listen to the soundtrack/voice so i only get half of my moneys worth!
    i'd also love the voice control, so handy!

14. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Yes I will. I'm a 1G user. The only reasons for which are I would like to have a speaker to play games instead of either having to stick ear phones in or plug it into my speakers. But most importantly, I am assuming that the frame rate issues I am having with my 1G will be gone. It seems odd to have to up-grade having only had this device 2 years, but hey, got to keep up with the market I guess if you want to reap the benefits...

15. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    I have my 1st gen iPod, with 3.0. I got it long ago when they first came out. Back then it was like "Omg you have an iPod touch!"
    Now it's like "man, my iPod 1G sucks. It's too slow, has 8GB, no bluetooth, etc".

So I've decided that if I'm not getting an iPhone soon I might as well get the 3rd gen.

16. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, definitely. I've finally used up my 8 gigs. Never thought I would, but I didn't take apps, and strangely, movies into account. Now, every time I download something, I'm told to delete something to make room. It sucks.