★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Beta Testers

12-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Beta Testers

Hmmm, probably should have posted this in here!
>>
Hi, we're after a few beta testers if anyone is interested for utopia solitaire. This is a limited offer, for a limited time only. We're looking to release it shortly.

Feedback etc. would greatly be appreciated so if you are interested then head on over to here and enter your details on the form at the bottom (don't worry we won't be passing it on to anyone, but it's the easiest way of managing it). All fields on form are non-required but we'll be looking for people who can give us good, honest and constructive feedback (but make sure your email is valid ).

Thanks all.

Chris

---------------------------->
Nessy at TaleeTalee

Games & Apps so far

iChoose
MyChristmas
uSnap!
utopia Solitaire (cough, soon!)
12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Here are my suggestions:

- Statistics (games played, winnings/losses, percent win, last game played)
- Golf variation (king on ace and vice-versa because it increases the chances to win, it's less frustrating)

I see your solitaire has only 4 games... Is there a plan to add more in the future?

I really like Tri-Peaks (or 3 Towers) and there are some other appealing solitaires out there such as Kings Corners.

Of course it's almost impossible to have all games that users would like to see in a single pack.

Anyway, I liked the unique graphics.

12-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
Here are my suggestions:

- Statistics (games played, winnings/losses, percent win, last game played)
- Golf variation (king on ace and vice-versa because it increases the chances to win, it's less frustrating)

I see your solitaire has only 4 games... Is there a plan to add more in the future?

I really like Tri-Peaks (or 3 Towers) and there are some other appealing solitaires out there such as Kings Corners.

Of course it's almost impossible to have all games that users would like to see in a single pack.

Anyway, I liked the unique graphics.
You got the beta?

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
12-03-2008, 12:42 PM
No. I've just visited the game site.
12-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
No. I've just visited the game site.
Oh.... lol. Whoops

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks, we're in the UK so will go through the requests tomorrow morning and ship some versions out to you.

@Carols, feedback appreciated. With regard to the game numbers that's something we would like to know. From our testing so far with people (around 50) they only seem interested in about 2 versions (Standard and Freecell), but we added the other 2 because they are great fun. Do people REALLY want lots of different versions etc. That's something we'd love to know and are open to suggestions. It's not a problem putting them in over time but don't want to make it bloated for the sake of having lots of un-played games.

Thanks again,

Chris

---------------------------->
Nessy at TaleeTalee

Games & Apps so far

iChoose
MyChristmas
uSnap!
utopia Solitaire (cough, soon!)
12-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Thing I like is a click to play interface rather than dragging the cards. Simply click a card and if there is a card it can be dragged to on the lower stacks it automatically moves there, if not it checks the top row and will move there. If no moves are available it doesn't do anything. See Acid Solitaire for a demo of a good implementation of this:

AS play demo Not trying to plug a competitor, just figured that was the easiest way to describe the play method.
12-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talee View Post
@Carols, feedback appreciated. With regard to the game numbers that's something we would like to know. From our testing so far with people (around 50) they only seem interested in about 2 versions (Standard and Freecell), but we added the other 2 because they are great fun. Do people REALLY want lots of different versions etc. That's something we'd love to know and are open to suggestions. It's not a problem putting them in over time but don't want to make it bloated for the sake of having lots of un-played games.

Thanks again,

Chris
That's a nice question.

I know that SolSuite for PC is very popular with its almost 500 games.

I'm not saying that your solitaire should have all of them but I think it'd be nice to keep an eye of what games are popular.

When I looked for an iPhone solitaire to purchase I had one thing on my mind: Tri-Peaks.

I really like this game because it's easy and fast (great when you have a few minutes free). Tri-Peaks is even better with statistics rather than a high score. Right now there's no statistics for such game in any version available.

In addition there are 3 versions of Tri-Peaks available so it's kind of popular game.

Other game that seems to have its space is Kings Corners (link in my first reply).

Long time ago I participated in a Palm solitaire beta program and the most requested game was Spider. I don't use to play it but it was suggested by lots of beta testers.

And there are games that are in almost every pack such as Poker Solitaire.

Another important aspect is to add games with high chance of winning like Bristol (Mondo has it). This kind of fast and easy game to win is very important in a collection (even if it's a small one) because it provides an option to play like in a minute or two. Freecell requires a lot more time than that.

In resume, try to add popular games in a single pack is a great deal and increases the chance to get more and more buyers.

Finally, Statistics (not high score) is something that can add replayability to any game.
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes I really like Spider. Proper Spider that is, not all those truncated mini versions...
12-03-2008, 02:48 PM
I signed up on the page. I thought the graphics were very nice and polished. I enjoy many different styles of solitaire, but have been into poker solitaire, where you place the cards and try to get the best 5 card hand possible.

Would love to give you feedback on the card game if selected.

Thanks for coming here and advertising the beta testing to potential customers.