★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: AP Crash Off Road Rocks!

07-01-2009, 11:21 AM
AP Crash Off Road Rocks!

Full Version:

Lite Version:

Here's what reviewer's are saying about All Pro Crash Off Road:

iPhoneGameNetwork - "the vehicle physics and damage, including break away parts, is top notch"

iPhoneGameNetwork - "a fun filled arcade racer"

"They didn’t include “Crash” in the title for no reason, as crashes are frequent and entertaining"
"you'll find the game extremely fun" - Josh Holat, Appletell.com

"If you love off road racing this is definitely a game you should pick up." - Matt, touchmiphone.com

"...there's no denying the sheer entertainment value of smashing up your ride..." - Spanner Spencer, Pocket Gamer

"The physics of the game are delightfully eccentric..."
- Spanner Spencer, Pocket Gamer

All Pro Crash Off Road Lite is explosive truck racing at it's best! Get behind the wheel and grab on tight because this is no ordinary driving game. Check out the incredible features below and we’ll see you at the finish line!

Visit the All Pro Crash Off Road website to find out all about it:

07-01-2009, 11:24 AM
getting the lite version as soon as the app store starts loading again..

07-01-2009, 12:46 PM
This looks like a Supercross with Monster Trucks. Anyone review?

Nexx Studio - iOS Games Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!
07-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Played the lite version, didn't like the controls...
07-01-2009, 03:35 PM
yeah i love the physics and everything but the steerings too sensitive/rough
07-01-2009, 04:09 PM
thats too bad, i actually wanted to try this, oh well maybe if they release an update
07-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi All,

First off, thanks for the feedback and we have already submitted an update to address outstanding issues, add features, etc.

It's an arcade based racer where you battle it out in off-road trophy trucks.

As to the controls, we tested A LOT with the accelerometer, and chose to go with on-screen controls for All Pro Crash Off Road.

The Accelerometer seems great in theory, and may work o.k. for a flat track type racer where the track is smooth. For a more technical rally-cross game with a bumpy off-road track, we found it to be much more difficult.

Keeping a solid frame rate with a 3D terrain track, 4 physics vehicles with dynamic damage, break-a-way rigid-body panels, AI and more is the real challenge on the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Give it a shot, a few races even, there is a learning curve, we designed it that way. Otherwise, after you got the hang of it, you wouldn't have enough control to beat competitive AI and drift for that inside line.

Game play is our #1 concern and we really appreciated your feedback.

Take care,

07-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by shawn_10 View Post
thats too bad, i actually wanted to try this, oh well maybe if they release an update
You should still try the lite version, who knows you might like it.

I was thinking maybe a on screen steering wheel would be better? Anyways thanks for the response. I love everything about this game on the lite version EXCEPT for the controls.
07-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks S.I.D. CrAzY, we'll take another look at it and see if we can make an improvement.

Balance is always tough, you'll have hard-core testers wanting things more difficult and then less experienced gamers who need softer controls, we will keep experimenting and improving on things.

Our next title is utilizing the accelerometer but in a slightly different way, it actually controls the center of gravity of your vehicle so you can pull off spins, flips, ride on two wheels and pull wheelies, etc.

Think Tony Hawk / Skate Park meets Monster Trucks in full 3D with dynamic damage, flying panels, and much more eye candy. More on this is coming soon!

Thanks again for all the feedback, it is appreciated!

07-02-2009, 02:49 PM
17th and climbing! Broke into Apple's What's Hot as well.