★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do you want to play Magic the Gathering on iPhone or another CCG?

07-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Do you want to play Magic the Gathering on iPhone or another CCG?

Let Wizards know. A magic the gathering card player would be awesome. Many people here said they want to play a CCG on the iPhone but few people would learn a brand new ccg made just for the iPhone. But the existing mtg game made by wizards would be a perfect fit for it.

I note that the majority of MTG players have iPhones. I think it's bc MTG is a pricy game so most who have that kind of disposable income often have the best phone that money can buy as well. This app would rocket to the top 50 of the app store and thus draw in a lot of new players too.

The ideal thing would be for them to port the duel of the planeswalkers game they made for the xbox 360 but with the ability to edit your decklists. not being able to edit the decklists is the only flaw with Duels. Email them please by clicking the "email us" tab here...

Please please include this suggestion to your email...

Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I emailed them a long time ago suggesting that they serialize their packs of cards that you buy at the store, and include some kind of single-use redeem code kind of like how iTunes promo codes work where you'd "unlock" that pack of cards online, and with the serial number and redeem code it would know exactly which cards you have.

That way you'd have physical AND virtual cards. If they did this for the iPhone, I'd probably just reassign my direct deposit paychecks to go directly to WotC.

Last edited by wikoogle; 06-09-2010 at 09:21 PM.
07-01-2009, 12:07 PM
OH yes I would... MTG would be great, i'll buy Yugioh, wow or others as well !

07-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I doubt that they would be able to create a somehow accurate MtG game for iPhone which isn't a nightmare to play with. I mean, all that stuff that has to be represented on a few square inches screen doesn't seem very smooth to me.

Last edited by NagaRoyalGuard; 11-19-2010 at 03:08 AM.
07-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Id love MTG
07-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm playing mtg duel of the planeswalkers in these days.
it would be amazing on the iphone.
07-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I never played this before but i did start playing in XBLA and im loving it. And to have it in my pocket would be sooooo cool.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
07-01-2009, 03:26 PM
MTG would ROCK!!!!!

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies in the closet.
07-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Hellz yezz!

Game Center ID: DormantX

FAVE: Galcon, Godville, JetCarStunts, Angry Birds, Cut The Rope, Zenonia 1/2, Graal Online
07-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Please Email wizards with the Email Us tab in the link I posted above. Be sure to ask them to include the ability to fully edit you decklists unlike the xbox version.

Tell them about how the XBL version was ur first exposure to the game but now plan to play it at card shops and how an iPhone version could likewise bring in a lot of new players to the game.
07-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I fully support this, AND I'll be showing this thread to my twitter followers to try and garner more attention to this idea.

I'll email them right away. Hope they respond to customers in a timely fashion.

With microtransactions they could even sell boosters within the app and rake in ungodly amounts of money. This could be freaking HUGE (provided it has online multiplayer)