Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 07-01-2009, 07:08 PM
iPhone 4

Here's the email I wrote. Feel free to use it and modify it as you see fit:

Quote:
Hello guys.

I've been a Magic the Gathering enthusiast for a little over 8 years now. Through your game I got in touch with a lot of cool people, I was able to socialize in a new home, and even learn English (I'm Brazilian). In other words, I'm a big fan of Magic.

The reason I write this email is to bring to your attention that there is an untapped market for old and new Magic players on the iPhone/ipod touch platform.

Apple's devices have sold in the excess of 60 million worldwide in a little over 3 years, and they have by now proven themselves as bona fide gaming machines. Unfortunately, the trading card game genre is sorely under represented. The only worthy TCG entry in the AppStore so far is Orions: Legend of the Wizards. Here's a quick summary of what the game is like, in video form for your convenience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J8RG57x1I8

This game was a smash hit in the AppStore. I (and many others) believe this could be achieved and surpassed by an official Magic the Gathering game for the iPhone and ipod touch. With the wireless capabilities and recent micro-transaction featured offered by the lastest firmware update, you guys could create a fully online Magic experience where players could even buy boosters within the game to play with online.

As you can see there seems to be a lot of potential in the platform for a Magic game. I strongly urge you guys to take a close look at what's going on in the AppStore scene, and to consider giving us an iPhone version of Magic the Gathering

From a big fan,

Izzy Nobre
Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 PM

If there was a quality CCG coming out for the iPhone I would be all over it. Any conceivable genre of game that already exists will probably come out at some point for the app store.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Fantastic email Izzy Thank You I figured a full on release would take way too long but a port of Duels of the planeswalkers with a deck editor would be awesome for us and to draw in new players as well.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 AM

I just got and played Orions. What a Fantastic game. I would still rather have magic but this will hold me over till then.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:03 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I kicked ass in the first like... 5 sets of Yu-Gi-Oh (like tourny shit). I played MtG as a side project because I played Yu-Gi-Oh for money/cards at school and people started giving up Magic cards when they lost to me. I ended up making a gnarly Green Elf Deck (super super agressive) and built off that, got better cards then ended up amassing a grip of Magic cards. Never got into like... the most recent sets though. Last time I played competatively was like... 2004. Then I got into the World of Warcraft TCG when it first came out (since at the time I was playing the game), which in my opinion was the best of them all. I know Magic was probably more original for everyone, and not as many people liked the WoW TCG, but it was the best TCG I have ever played. The system worked perfectly, the Hero's were fun as f*ck, and frankly just took what flaws magic had, and fixed them. Seeing something like that would be cool, but Orions is pretty sick. I did enjoy that game a ton.

I would be blown away if we could get some MtG on here though. *drools*

Last edited by Booch138; 07-02-2009 at 12:05 PM..
Old 07-02-2009, 01:53 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

I want this...
MTG kicks ass
Old 07-02-2009, 01:55 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

You know what I want? An iPhone client for Magic: Online.

Make it happen, Wizards. I will buy your stupid digital packs of cards until the cows come home.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
You know what I want? An iPhone client for Magic: Online.

Make it happen, Wizards. I will buy your stupid digital packs of cards until the cows come home.
yes, yes, yes!
Wizards have just brought plainswalkers for xbla so hopefully they are broadening. The platform would be great for the game and memory and CPU should prove no problem.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 PM

Just doing a quick check on the mirc chat room for mtg it's truly sad how many mtg players w iPhones want a ccg on it and have never heard of orions. If I knew you guys will update ur game w online play and more cards I would telling everyone in that chatroom about your game and would be telling them to get it so we can have more players online.

Last edited by wikoogle; 07-02-2009 at 02:08 PM..
Old 07-02-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikoogle View Post
Please Email wizards with the Email Us tab in the link I posted above. Be sure to ask them to include the ability to fully edit you decklists unlike the xbox version.
Did that about 6 months ago! =)
But yes everyone that's wants it should let them know! Great idea!
I have said from the beginning espicially when Orions came out, that I would prefer MTG over anything they could come up with...