Support our Sponsors:
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:34 AM
nuclearhipster nuclearhipster is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 27
Default free app a day

has any one used the service free app a day for 3500 bucks just wanders if it was worth it. they say they can get your game out to 7 million poeple. just wandered if anyone had experience with it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Blackharon's Avatar
Blackharon Blackharon is online now
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearhipster View Post
has any one used the service free app a day for 3500 bucks just wanders if it was worth it. they say they can get your game out to 7 million poeple. just wandered if anyone had experience with it.
Pretty sure that's "up to" 7 million. Our experience had less than 5% of that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 PM
metalbean metalbean is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 46
Default

never tried, but I hear people say it's not very worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Renegadecitizen's Avatar
Renegadecitizen Renegadecitizen is offline
Developer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 73
Default

5% of 7million is 350,000 downloads
most freemium games convert about 1%
that equals 3500
so I'd make sure u either have a good conversion rate
or u have a hook to draw more than 350,000 downloads
before u book FreeAppADay
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Jamvert's Avatar
Jamvert Jamvert is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 202
Default

You could always try looking at other games they recently featured on AppAnnie to get a vague feeling of how they do. This is what I did when they advertised to me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:12 PM
willzeng willzeng is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 207
Default

I feel they are losing effectiveness now...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
ultrapped ultrapped is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 22
Default

have never tried that out but heard from most users said it does not worth it. Also now there are so many similar service, which seem have high effectiveness, out there so I cannot find a reason for me to invest 3500 bucks on this.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
xenoclone xenoclone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Portland, OR, Cascadia
Posts: 332
Default

Wow, I didn't do it when it was $500. For $3500, there are better ways to spend your money.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Blackharon's Avatar
Blackharon Blackharon is online now
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadecitizen View Post
5% of 7million is 350,000 downloads
most freemium games convert about 1%
that equals 3500
so I'd make sure u either have a good conversion rate
or u have a hook to draw more than 350,000 downloads
before u book FreeAppADay
Well - yes technically you're right, but the advantage of a FAAD service is adding to your word of mouth so you're game sells more copies after it's paid again.

After our first FAAD, we saw 10 times the sales over what we had before which lasted about a week. After that week, we saw sales roughly doubled... good but not great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrapped View Post
have never tried that out but heard from most users said it does not worth it. Also now there are so many similar service, which seem have high effectiveness, out there so I cannot find a reason for me to invest 3500 bucks on this.
Most of the other FAAD-alikes were quoting me similar prices, but were more honest about their download potential saying something along the lines of "We've seen 2 million but on average we see 100,000". We ended up with FAAD because of the higher potential ceiling. Was the choice right or wrong? I have no idea. We may promote another app with another service one day, but the FAAD(and the like) promoting days for Pickpawcket are done.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 PM
digitalpoke digitalpoke is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
Well - yes technically you're right, but the advantage of a FAAD service is adding to your word of mouth so you're game sells more copies after it's paid again.

After our first FAAD, we saw 10 times the sales over what we had before which lasted about a week. After that week, we saw sales roughly doubled... good but not great.



Most of the other FAAD-alikes were quoting me similar prices, but were more honest about their download potential saying something along the lines of "We've seen 2 million but on average we see 100,000". We ended up with FAAD because of the higher potential ceiling. Was the choice right or wrong? I have no idea. We may promote another app with another service one day, but the FAAD(and the like) promoting days for Pickpawcket are done.
Would suggest going for 3 Magic Shots, They are recently launched but gave us a solid response, better than what faad got us for Drop Out... shhhh... they are offering this for free o.O
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent