Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

good idea thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

I have a daughter as well. I recommend buying her either a pony or a castle. But since you asked about iPad games.....

1. Any nickelodeon game
2. My little pony by gameloft
3. Any coloring book app
4. Scribblenuahts
5. Crayon physics deluxe
6. Any of those "dress up a princess" apps
7. Spongebob games
8. Ice age by gameloft
9. Jelly car
Last but not least, Sad Princess. It's an action rpg where you play as a princess smacking baddies. If you tell her she's playing as a princess kicking butt she may actually convert to a hard core gamer. Lmao

Oh and as for not getting her an iPad because of later life effects.... Yes it's true it can turn out bad, the answer is letting kids play these things "in moderation" problem solved. But your a parent and already know this. Lol
Old 01-17-2013, 04:51 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Our daughter LOVES the Peppa Pig apps, also any apps which have animals so you touch the different parts of the screen and a different animation/noise appears.

I think its great she knows how to 'swipe' and touch the icons. Reminds me of when i was younger and trying to use a mouse for the first time !

Only bad thing is, she calls my ipad 'peppa pad' - not good ! Its my ipad, not peppa pad ! (I can see a big battle for control of the ipad soon)
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

My 3 years-old son really enjoys Fruit Ninja, he also loves to watch when I am playing GTA: Vice City, Infinity Blade, any racing game or Minigore 2. He always runs around after that and plays a gangster, lol. He likes to try out Thomas the Tank and drawing apps, I also try to teach him how to play Amateur Surgeon 2 at the moment. I'm always trying to be responsible-minded and don't let him play more than 4 or 5 hours per day. jk

Last edited by Vovin; 01-17-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Grand Theft Pony: Happiness City

Make it happen, Rockstar! For the 3 year old girls out there.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Why not give her a book? If it's the story she's looking for... I mean I wouldn't degrade her to mindless button tapping if she's actually looking for an indepth game(which is commendable, especially of a kid of that age)

And like Leo said, I wouldn't overindulge her, but I don't want to steer this thread into the wrong direction(like the trolls who intently show oblivion to Leo's statement), so I will recommend a few apps anyway:

Simpsons Tapped Out (very funny , likable characters)
Scribblenauts

Also check the grossing/top 100 list. A lot of children friendly apps there.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Simplet reading limits your mind. Interaction expands it. It helps kids be imaginative to interact with the story versus trying to picture it alone. That will come as they get older. An iPad is no different then anything kids do. You cannot compare an iPad with outside playing as both are healthy. Outside expands physical health and iPad expands mental. As I said before, moderation is needed. You don't want kids to be reading books allllllll the time. Books turn out like video games, they steal a child's attention and keep them from being active. Only kids who play outside and then read books in moderation will lead healthy lives. Games games games makes fat kids. Books books books makes fat kids. Both require them to sit still for long times. As long as kids play games like most read books, they will be fine. Play for a bit, go play. Read for a bit, go play. No difference. Any loving parent already knows that. Regardless of the fun thin the child is doing, physical health needs priority.

And as for the guy who plays grand theft auto and let's his kid watch, wouldn't that go to support the idea that bad games influence bad choices in kids? I mean, kid is running around emulating a gangster....lol me personally I don't let my kids play or watch games that contain adult content. My son is 7 and when he does see his cousins play gta he then points his finger at other kids pretending to shoot them. Could be harmless, but I will do all I can to keep that kind of thinking out of his head. When he gets older and fully knows all right from wrong, that's when I will relax a bit and give him more freedoms. As I know he will be prepared to handle them properly. I remember a news story of a 9 year old brother stabbing his little brother over a Pokemon card. Some kids are just nut cases, but some are just copying what they saw. My kids copy what they see 90% of every day. Luckily for me it's princess stuff and race cars.

Last edited by OneHitGamer; 01-17-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I like to think back to when i was a kid and we used to play 'cowboys and indians' and pretend to shoot each other. This wasnt from a game, or cartoon, this was just a game kids (7 years old) played.

Also cops and robbers, running about chasing the robbers with pretend guns and arresting them. Was this down to GTA ? Nope that wasnt even out, it was just a game.

I also remember watching 18 rated films when i was 13 or 14, they didnt 'affect' me.

I'm not saying all kids should play GTA or watch 18 rated films when theyre 7 years old but seeing some kid running about playing i dont think we need to start panicking.

Before 'violent' video games we were running about playing cops and robbers, now because GTA is out suddenly people think thats a bad idea (playing cops and robbers kinda thing).

Last edited by psj3809; 01-17-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHitGamer View Post
Simplet reading limits your mind. Interaction expands it. It helps kids be imaginative to interact with the story versus trying to picture it alone. That will come as they get older. An iPad is no different then anything kids do. You cannot compare an iPad with outside playing as both are healthy. Outside expands physical health and iPad expands mental. As I said before, moderation is needed. You don't want kids to be reading books allllllll the time. Books turn out like video games, they steal a child's attention and keep them from being active. Only kids who play outside and then read books in moderation will lead healthy lives. Games games games makes fat kids. Books books books makes fat kids. Both require them to sit still for long times. As long as kids play games like most read books, they will be fine. Play for a bit, go play. Read for a bit, go play. No difference. Any loving parent already knows that. Regardless of the fun thin the child is doing, physical health needs priority.

And as for the guy who plays grand theft auto and let's his kid watch, wouldn't that go to support the idea that bad games influence bad choices in kids? I mean, kid is running around emulating a gangster....lol me personally I don't let my kids play or watch games that contain adult content. My son is 7 and when he does see his cousins play gta he then points his finger at other kids pretending to shoot them. Could be harmless, but I will do all I can to keep that kind of thinking out of his head. When he gets older and fully knows all right from wrong, that's when I will relax a bit and give him more freedoms. As I know he will be prepared to handle them properly. I remember a news story of a 9 year old brother stabbing his little brother over a Pokemon card. Some kids are just nut cases, but some are just copying what they saw. My kids copy what they see 90% of every day. Luckily for me it's princess stuff and race cars.

*smiles*
I was just kidding because of the moralizer comments ...

Moreover, I don't let him play yet. He's still too young. I think a good time to start is autumn, then I'll download some kid apps or educational stuff for him.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-17-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
*smiles*
I was just kidding...
I couldn't imagine someone getting a 3 year old to sit still long enough to play games for 5 hours! (That's where I caught on )