Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I bought Suspect in Sight when it released and enjoyed it though found the controls a bit "off" on my iPad. Otherwise still a fun game though, so I am glad to give this a try as well!

Grabbed AXFHX7AA7L7Y and will leave my impressions when done! Thanks!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Would love to leave some feedback but the game freezes at about 100m. iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1
Old 01-20-2013, 02:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Check if a friend of yours also plays the game (in Game Center) - if so, there's a bug that crashes a game when it should display your friend's record during your run. It will be resolved in the final version, however you can turn on "Airplane Mode" on your device and the game should work without problem. Please let me know if it helped . Thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I don't have any friends playing this game (there is only one person on the leaderboards).
It runs fine on airplane mode looking forward to the final version.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:24 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 8.x

Bummer, looks like I missed the codes, this looks like a day one pick up for me!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Fun game though I have my gripes with it. I don't want my opinions to be perceived as anyway meaning to offend so first off, a disclaimer: I am just presenting an honest opinion from my perspective as a gamer.

The biggest being the spottiness of the damage and the hearts mechanic. It just seems largely inconsistent how I can rear end a car in once instance and keep going and in a new game rear end a car and end that run quickly crashed and defeated, or when a simple side swipe can levy 1/5th of my hearts in one collision and 1/3rd in another. The damage model seems all over the place and inconsistent or even inconsequential to what the player does. Slightly brush a car? Lose over a third of your health! Full on slam the side of your car into another intentionally? Just take 15 points of damage!

Also the pricing for ad removal seems questionable. While I would be more than happy and ready to pay for the removal of ads, I think the $2.99 price-tag for such is a bit steep. I think you would get more biters at the .99 or even $1.99 mark, but at $2.99 just to remove ads to feel like I own the game with no hassle seems a bit much, especially for what is offered here; And what is offered here is an endless traffic dodger/runner with a mission system, albeit with a vehicular twist. I've thrown money on apps that were free and offered for more in the way of gameplay than this game willingly, as well as apps that were ad supported that offered ad removal at a fee. The rest of the coin pricing seems fine enough here, though I will admit the presence of Tapjoy makes me normally run from a game!

The coin payout seems suspectly low and sparse given the unpredictable damage tolerance of the players car from session to session and the long treks between sections where coins seem clustered. I know you want folks to purchase some IAP currency, that's understandable, but I feel the in game payout should at the very least be spread out along the players run rather than clustered in intervals where its easy to noticeably miss a majority of it. That way the player psychologically progresses and sees reward frequently met, even if it all adds up to the same amount of coins that a player would have gotten hitting that "coin cluster" segment. Then no run will feel like a failure! Progressively rewarding gameplay brings players back, in my opinion.

Lastly, button layout for iPad. The directional inputs seem placed fair enough, it is that annoying boost/nitro placement that is irking me! It needs to be closer down on the iPad layout. As it stands the nitro button feels too far away from the left button and up the screen (this game playing in portrait mode for those reading) while the "?" Slot machine item pick up is just ridiculously placed up high, forcing the player to take their hand off the controls in order to reach. I am unsure if this is by intention of design or night, but the implementation and placement make no good sense from a game design approach other than to intentionally cause the player to jeopardize their run. On an iPhone or iTouch I am sure this layout works, but this being a universal app, I am seeing yet again, an app not repositioning its GUI layout for the various devices and for factors they will be played on. It's an oversight I see with a lot of iOS developers. An iPhone button layout rarely translates well to an iPad button layout. Take the time to optimize the GUI to adjust to the respective devices they are being played on.

Aside from that, nothing much to complain about but nothing to really profess either. It's an okay game (again no disrespect to the developer) but nothing to write home about. I preferred the first game far better, but then again I am not easily impressed by this genre of game and I was hoping for a much more fun twist on it from this developer given the last game and its unique premise. I guess i set myself up expecting more diversity in the gameplay. I expected imaginative takes on the gameplay with segments where you have to stay out of the spotlight of a police helicopter while dodging traffic, or being approached by S.W.A.T. vehicles and having to make them ram each other in order to lose them, or spike traps to avoid along with the roadblocks, or dodging the shots of a police sniper on a copter directed toward your tires. Fun little things that would have made this interesting... It just seems like a missed opportunity to be fun a creative here.

I am sure that many will disagree when they get it, and that some may find my arguments invalid. They may be right. And I am sure that people will enjoy this game. I personally however, am not taken with it.

Last edited by Bool Zero; 01-20-2013 at 11:48 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 4.x

Default Promo code

What do you mean by promo code? I have heard about this word but still no idea.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 4.x

What did you miss actually? The promo code? could you please tell me what the 'promo code' is? Thank you.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:26 AM

Well good game i must say....but some time it crashes and its very laggy too...please fix
Old 01-21-2013, 08:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Bool_Zero: Thanks very much for your indeep opinion and we will surely make some changes on the basis of your remarks. We did not want to make a sequel to Suspect in Sight with this one - it is a free long-runner game with cop chases and I know you could expect more after playing SiS, but this is a much more casual take on the topic and we hope it promote our other games a little bit. Anyway great review and you gave us something to think about, so a very much valuable feedback that will not be unnoticed. I am pretty sure we will do some tweaks here and there before the release.

As for crashing and lags - we are working on it - the final version should be much better! Thanks for your opinions and if anyone else wants to share some thoughts I have 5 more promo codes to spare, so here they are - thanks in advance for your feedback!

ALLN3TA4X3NT
79L44M397AAM
7RYRXNYA7X6W
XPLXJ6FEELT6
X3W349P3KFRX

If the game crashes please let me know but when you turn on the airplane mode it should be ok . This is not the final version so there are still some small bugs.