★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Grokion - $3.99 -> $0.99

01-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Grokion - $3.99 -> $0.99

As much as I didn't want to add this one here... for many reasons I'm sure just about all of you know -

This is still a must own iOS game, and for a buck, the hour of entertainment that you'll get out of it is definitely worth it.
01-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Happy Grokion owner here. In before the price drop

01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

As much as I didn't want to add this one here... for many reasons I'm sure just about all of you know -

This is still a must own iOS game, and for a buck, the hour of entertainment that you'll get out of it is definitely worth it.
The dude in screenshot #3 looks like Jack Black meets Jesus in a wardrobe from Logan's Run.

/obscure?

EDIT: SV, since there won't be any episodic content (free or not), does the game feel disjointed? I mean, does it have the feel of a game left unfinished or is the package presented satisfying enough?

Last edited by Greyskull; 01-15-2013 at 12:11 PM.
01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

What's the reason?
01-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Yup, agree with what SV said. It really bums that no additional content will ever be added, but this is still a great deal for a buck. Probably still one of my favorite platformers.

Played through it, I don't know how many times!
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Edited to remove my comment. My bad.

Anyway, it's a good game but not enough content since the developers forgot about it.

GC ID: Jibba Junior.

Last edited by Jibba; 01-15-2013 at 04:11 PM.
01-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Yup, agree with what SV said. It really bums that no additional content will ever be added, but this is still a great deal for a buck. Probably still one of my favorite platformers.

Played through it, I don't know how many times!
Man, can't believe I'm buying so many platformers lately. Never would have reAlized that I was missing so many good titles. I know, you are going to say,

Blasphemy!

So other than that, are there moveable controls, how does it control on my new ipad, and is this a good hdmi tv game?

And of course, is it worth my buck?
01-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Was just about to buy this, big problem. It's not universal. Hmmmm.... While I might be able to live with the 2x on tv, really worried about the controls on the ipad cause the iphone controls look so big, anyone have any words of advice?
01-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Was just about to buy this, big problem. It's not universal. Hmmmm.... While I might be able to live with the 2x on tv, really worried about the controls on the ipad cause the iphone controls look so big, anyone have any words of advice?
I just tried this on my ipad, and if I were you, I'd stay away from it if that's the on,y device you have, or the only device you play games on... The controls are pretty much only suited for iPhone/iPod play
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Will it necessarily scale 2x on your TV? Maybe it's an HDMI thing. Here's where my confusion lies: I bought the Chthulu board game (I forget the mame) for iPhone, not the iPad version). Curses! JK. Anyway, it has an Airplay option. When I used that to connect the game on my iPhone 4S with my Apple TV 2, it remained hi-resolution. Same with the iPhone version of Real Racing.