★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Burn The Corn is FREE for a limited time!!

01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Burn The Corn is FREE for a limited time!!

Burn The Corn is FREE for a limited time to celebrate the 1.5 update! Let's spark some magic flame!!

01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks! Good balanced difficulty, always new elements are keeping you satisfied. Not so brutal like other games of this genre, the game isn't over when you touch Evil Moisture once. Recommended.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

01-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Thanks! Good balanced difficulty, always new elements are keeping you satisfied. Not so brutal like other games of this genre, the game isn't over when you touch Evil Moisture once. Recommended.
Seconded. I've had this game since 2010 or 2011 and, shockers! The devs haven't screwed it up.
01-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Hm.. Well when I downloaded the game, I was loving it. It was super cute, and seemed very polished.

But after playing for not even 10 minutes, I'm already rather bored of it. It seems like the best strategy to use is to just swipe your finger across the screen furiously, and that will help you win 100% of the time so far. It's the kind of game where once I finish this Survival mode and set a high score, I will never want to touch it again.

Disappointing. I wish I had some advice for you on how to make it more fun or appealing, though. I'm sorry I don't. I am unsure of what Fruit Ninja does to make it so addicting and fun, even after an hour of constant play. Same for most iPhone games that are addicting.

Granted, I don't find games like Flight Control to be much fun, so I may be in the minority on the lack of enjoyment on this game... but I'm not sure.

But you have a very good presentation and a great amount of polish. The art design is super cute (I love all the kernels and their smiles! ), the sound is great (I love the classical selections... adds a nice ... humor? I'm not sure if that's the right word. But it adds levity to the barbaric act of forcibly killing kernels with heat so they can be eaten! )

Great job on the game I'm just not sure it's my kind of game, despite it containing all the things I enjoy in iPhone games

EDIT: All right, so I finished that Survival mode finally. I pretty much just gave up. Buuuuut I leveled up a couple times and unlocked some new factors for my popcorn popping! A water droplet that douses your finger flame, making it impossible to pop popcorn for a short amount of time; a time kernel that slows down time I think?; and a fire kernel that makes it so you can pop a kernel with one touch as opposed to two... I think.

After finding out you unlock these new factors with every level-up (so far, at least), I have found a little more enjoyment within this game. It still isn't grabbing me in the way that Fruit Ninja does, but I do enjoy it a little more. It's less about moving your finger furiously now, and more about being extremely graceful and careful. That just might be the thing that makes me enjoy the game more!

One idea I had is maybe when you hit the slow time kernel, make it so you get double points for every kernel you hit during that period of stasis. Another idea I had is that maybe when a water droplet falls off the screen, give the player bonus points for that. Same for when they don't activate the special kernels. Give them bonus points for those, as they don't factor in to the Perfect rating. Maybe add a points multiplier every time the player lets a special kernel fall off screen, and if they hit a water droplet, the multiplier resets to 0!

...does any of this make sense haha?

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。

Last edited by MasterChief3624; 01-15-2013 at 04:51 PM.
01-15-2013, 05:05 PM
I pretty much was bored with this after a few days of play. Still, it was fun for the short time it lived on my iphone.
01-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi there, we really appreciate your support! We really think you've got some great ideas and we'll definitely take them into consideration when we cook up the sequel. Mean while please keep those great ideas coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Hm.. Well when I downloaded the game, I was loving it. It was super cute, and seemed very polished.

But after playing for not even 10 minutes, I'm already rather bored of it. It seems like the best strategy to use is to just swipe your finger across the screen furiously, and that will help you win 100% of the time so far. It's the kind of game where once I finish this Survival mode and set a high score, I will never want to touch it again.

Disappointing. I wish I had some advice for you on how to make it more fun or appealing, though. I'm sorry I don't. I am unsure of what Fruit Ninja does to make it so addicting and fun, even after an hour of constant play. Same for most iPhone games that are addicting.

Granted, I don't find games like Flight Control to be much fun, so I may be in the minority on the lack of enjoyment on this game... but I'm not sure.

But you have a very good presentation and a great amount of polish. The art design is super cute (I love all the kernels and their smiles! ), the sound is great (I love the classical selections... adds a nice ... humor? I'm not sure if that's the right word. But it adds levity to the barbaric act of forcibly killing kernels with heat so they can be eaten! )

Great job on the game I'm just not sure it's my kind of game, despite it containing all the things I enjoy in iPhone games

EDIT: All right, so I finished that Survival mode finally. I pretty much just gave up. Buuuuut I leveled up a couple times and unlocked some new factors for my popcorn popping! A water droplet that douses your finger flame, making it impossible to pop popcorn for a short amount of time; a time kernel that slows down time I think?; and a fire kernel that makes it so you can pop a kernel with one touch as opposed to two... I think.

After finding out you unlock these new factors with every level-up (so far, at least), I have found a little more enjoyment within this game. It still isn't grabbing me in the way that Fruit Ninja does, but I do enjoy it a little more. It's less about moving your finger furiously now, and more about being extremely graceful and careful. That just might be the thing that makes me enjoy the game more!

One idea I had is maybe when you hit the slow time kernel, make it so you get double points for every kernel you hit during that period of stasis. Another idea I had is that maybe when a water droplet falls off the screen, give the player bonus points for that. Same for when they don't activate the special kernels. Give them bonus points for those, as they don't factor in to the Perfect rating. Maybe add a points multiplier every time the player lets a special kernel fall off screen, and if they hit a water droplet, the multiplier resets to 0!

...does any of this make sense haha?
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi there, we really appreciate your support! We really think you've got some great ideas and we'll definitely take them into consideration when we cook up the sequel. Mean while please keep those great ideas coming