★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Pet Thread!

01-16-2013, 08:22 PM
#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
May Tiger rest in peace. Here she was hunting a big rat. Check it out.
That is one massive rat. You sure it didn't carry Tiger off?

Sounds like she was a real active kitty...mine just lazes around all day and really only moves to eat or do her business. Pretty pathetic really.
01-17-2013, 03:01 AM
#22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Aw!Aw! Tiger looks like she's being polite and posing for the photo. I'm sure she would have loved to play with her new squeaky toy...a real rat. At least it looks like it was a healthy rat eating it looks like sunflower seeds and nuts.
What happened after this photo was taken?
Well, she would catch a lot of mice, which she would almost swallow whole from time to time around the neighborhood. The rat actually was pretty mean and quite big. Whenever Tiger would try to attack it, it would crouch down and hiss. Tiger batted at it, but after awhile she seemed tired and maybe a little scared. I watched the scene for about 30 minutes, then went to go eat dinner.

I do think the rat got away though. If Tiger ate the thing, she would have been really full and sluggish, she wasn't, so I think the rat got away.

01-17-2013, 03:02 AM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
That is one massive rat. You sure it didn't carry Tiger off?

Sounds like she was a real active kitty...mine just lazes around all day and really only moves to eat or do her business. Pretty pathetic really.
Yeah, you mean like the rat in Bard's Tale? That one almost ate me up!
01-17-2013, 03:42 AM
#24
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
@psj that's a pretty amazing dog you have there. You're the first seeing-eye human I know! How old is he?
Hes about 8 now, had him 5 years. Does seem like forever as hes always by my side when i'm working at home !

Amazing dog, its funny how many people stop and ask him about his eyes, loads of people do. Entered him in a dog show and he won it, sure it was a bit of a sympathy vote but a blind rescue staffie normally gets a lot of 'ahhhhhhhs' from people i meet !
01-17-2013, 09:46 AM
#25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Well, she would catch a lot of mice, which she would almost swallow whole from time to time around the neighborhood. The rat actually was pretty mean and quite big. Whenever Tiger would try to attack it, it would crouch down and hiss. Tiger batted at it, but after awhile she seemed tired and maybe a little scared. I watched the scene for about 30 minutes, then went to go eat dinner.

I do think the rat got away though. If Tiger ate the thing, she would have been really full and sluggish, she wasn't, so I think the rat got away.
Sounds like tiger was smart enough to leave that rat alone! Many rats can get quite large too.
The image of a cute cat swallowing mice almost whole would be fun to watch unless you happen to like mice I remember years ago our neighbours black cat was into catching birds. One day in the summer that cat was in our backyard sitting on the ground with a birds head protruding from his mouth. I said " you let that bird go" and the cat slowly opened his mouth and the bird to my amazement flew out. I like to think I did something good there.
01-17-2013, 10:41 AM
#26
Well, if we're talking about our pet's hunting trophies, once my dog trotted inside with half a squirrel and dumped it down in the hallway. I think it was my share of the booty from the hunt, but I wasn't so appreciative.

Never did find the other half of the squirrel, I assume it went down the hatch, so to speak.
01-17-2013, 12:54 PM
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Well, if we're talking about our pet's hunting trophies, once my dog trotted inside with half a squirrel and dumped it down in the hallway. I think it was my share of the booty from the hunt, but I wasn't so appreciative.

Never did find the other half of the squirrel, I assume it went down the hatch, so to speak.
Ok you're not my friend anymore!?!
01-17-2013, 01:05 PM
#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Ok you're not my friend anymore!?!
Hey, I was just a spectator...
01-17-2013, 01:21 PM
#29
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
My old cat was a beast of a cat. He didn't bother with mice or rats. He mostly preyed on large squirrels pheasants. Hell, one time he took on a deer (or so the vet thought when he came home with blood pouring from his shoulder). He was truly fearless. RIP.


Hakuna Matata
01-17-2013, 01:29 PM
#30
Looks like we have some vicious pets here

Honestly I feel more sorry for my dog being teased than any animals she's killed, we have a big problem with chipmunks and squirrels where I live and the things are just plain destructive, chewing on stuff, eating our garden plants, burrowing into our house siding, it's crazy. Plus it's once in a blue moon the dog catches anything, mostly they just sit up in a tree and hiss at her xD