★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iSamurai on Staff Favorites

07-01-2009, 04:48 PM
iSamurai on Staff Favorites

I guess some people at Apple are playing iSamurai because it is now on the front page of the iTunes store in Staff Favorites.

We are working fast and furiously on the bluetooth version. We plan on submitting it this week.

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software
07-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, either Apple is going crazy or their entire staff has been replaced by chimps. I'm sorry to piss on your fire, but I thought the whole concept of waving your phone around like a retard is a bit stupid. Sorry, I'm sure you are better at making more normal games.

and wrong section, btw.

Hakuna Matata

07-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Wow, either Apple is going crazy or their entire staff has been replaced by chimps. I'm sorry to piss on your fire, but I thought the whole concept of waving your phone around like a retard is a bit stupid. Sorry, I'm sure you are better at making more normal games.

and wrong section, btw.
HA ha ha...
07-01-2009, 04:58 PM
is this any good? when i first heard of this app i didnt kno it was going to be anything like this. So im not sure if i should get it? How about a nice convincing thought from the dev?
07-01-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL, subtle, LBG, subtle
07-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
LOL, subtle, LBG, subtle
I AM THE MASTER OF SUBTLE
lol

Hakuna Matata
07-01-2009, 05:02 PM
congrats

not my scene but hope this level of innovation can lead to something more interesting in future
07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yournothere View Post
is this any good? when i first heard of this app i didnt kno it was going to be anything like this. So im not sure if i should get it? How about a nice convincing thought from the dev?
Thanks for your interest. There is a lite version that you can try for free. See http://isamuraiapp.com for the link to both paid and free versions.

Bottom line: it's a real-time two-player Wi-Fi sword fighting simulation (bluetooth phone to phone version coming soon). There are 4 attacks and 4 corresponding blocks (3 attacks in the lite version). So it is all about reaction time. My opponent swings his/her iPhone in one of the four attacks, and I have to block correctly or my phone will emit a cry (one of a variety of painful sounds - some humorous). If I block correctly, both iPhones make the sound of clashing swords. And of course, I can attack him/her.

Someone might ask, "What happens if we both attack at the same time?"
Answer: "We both get hit."

Both iPhones report the scores at the end of the match with appropriate images for the winner and loser.

The bluetooth version will allow people to battle at the park, etc.

:-)

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software

Last edited by doughogg; 07-01-2009 at 08:04 PM.
07-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menom View Post
congrats

not my scene but hope this level of innovation can lead to something more interesting in future
Thanks. We have some plans for enhancements, and of course, we are looking at coming out with more games down the road.

For sure, we will be spending time at Touch Arcade to get a feel for what type of game to make next.

:-)

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software
07-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Ugh... I've had so much stuff to do recently I haven't put up my review yet.

I will tell you this though: Buy the game!

While the AI might be hard, it's all worth while when a friend of yours also buys the game! It's actually surprisingly fun.

All the people I have seen criticize the game so far haven't played it. I have, and I think I have pretty good taste in games. When I'm with friends, this is a GREAT game to play: I promise you everyone will want a turn.

This game is for everyone, even my girlfriend likes it and plays it all the time (the only other games she plays is Pocket God and Real Racing...) and all my friends have it downloaded on their iPod. Unfortunately, this means I'm not the best.

I will give a full review later, but for now, I definitely recommend buying it if you can convince your friends to purchase it also!