★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: hyperPad - Make iOS Games on iPad

09-25-2015, 03:23 AM
hyperPad - Make iOS Games on iPad

Hi everyone, I just want to announce the new version of our app hyperPad (www.hyperpad.com). We actually went through a major rebrand, and this is really the first version that embraces that change. We used to be called GamePress, but now we're calling the app hyperPad to signify the major changes and enhancements.

hyperPad really pushes the limits of what the iPad is capable of. It's an iPad app that allows you to create your own interactive apps like mobile games, then export and publish them to the App Store as native apps!

hyperPad also includes an in-app community called the hyperPad Hub, where you can play games created by users from around the world!
Check out the hyperPad Hub here: www.hyperpad.com/hub

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to comment. I'm fairly active on these forums, so happy to answer anything!

You can learn more on our website: www.hyperpad.com, or download it here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id886106438?pt=467885&ct=Touch&mt=8

hyperPad is $4.99, and gives you access to all the creation tools, and the ability to publish to our community, the hyperPad Hub (https://www.hyperpad.com/hub). By subscribing to our PRO (9.99 a month, or $99 a year) subscription you can actually export an XCode project, and submit to the App Store.

Last edited by VPrime; 12-07-2015 at 08:27 AM.
09-25-2015, 03:33 AM
Looks cool but its not a game. im sure a mod will move it to the app section

09-25-2015, 03:43 AM
I figured it may fit since there is a built in community where you can play user created games.
But totally understandable if the mods move it. Mods know best .
09-25-2015, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPrime View Post
I figured it may fit since there is a built in community where you can play user created games.
But totally understandable if the mods move it. Mods know best .
Totally fine here.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
09-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Totally fine here.
Thanks great to hear!

Also, we're working out the details right now on a competition with monetary prizes. Basically the best game (voted by the community) will win. We're planning the grand prize to be at least $5000 cash, but like I said still working out the details .
12-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Price Drop!

We've made LOTS of awesome updates, and we're working on another huge one which makes hyperPad even more powerful!

Also, to celebrate Hour of Code, we have temporarily dropped the price of hyperPad to $0.99! So get it now while you can!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id886106438?pt=467885&ct=TouchArcade&mt=8
12-07-2015, 12:35 PM
I just bought it!
Didnt even know it existed, otherwise I would have bought it at full price already. ;P

Have a question though. Let's say I want to make a tile based map. Is there an option to show a grid where my tiles will snap to automatically? If not, take it as an suggestion.
Besides that, it's freaking great! Just a matter of time until I will release my brandnew and totally innovative game and get rich!...I kid I kid

Thanks for this and keep up the great work!

Last edited by Nekku; 12-07-2015 at 04:20 PM.
12-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Glad to hear you downloaded it .

We just finished the next version and are beta testing it now. It has a grid, and much better snapping. Though we're still not the best at handling tiles, so we're working on that too .

I look forward to seeing some awesome games from you .
02-02-2016, 11:44 PM
We just released another big update! Version 1.12 includes over 200 new changes. We polished up the UI a bit, fixed tons of bugs, and added some great new features.

You can download the latest version from : https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id886106438?pt=467885&ct=TA&mt=8

You can learn more about hyperPad on our site: www.hyperpad.com
And you can check out projects created by some of our users on the hyperPad Hub: www.hyperpad.com/hub

Here are some of the new features we added:
  • Overlays system : Special type of scene that can run on top of your current scene. Overlays work like a deck of cards. Each overlay will open on top of any existing scene or opened overlay. You can use this to create menus, game over screens, pause screens, inventory screens, popups, help screens, or what ever else that needs to be quickly shown or hidden.
  • - Asynchronous Scene loading (background / preload scene or overlay)
  • - Automatic cloud backups for projects
  • - Dynamic Object Attributes: Ability to add attributes to your objects and change/access them on-the-fly.
  • - Linkable URLs: Open URLs in safari, or a web view popup within your project.
  • - Custom Animations for Joystick/Tilt Controlled, Jump and Shoot, Hit by Bullet, and Patrol
  • - Duplicate Scenes
  • - Grid with better snapping
  • - Upgraded Text Bubble Behaviour
  • - Collision Behaviours export collision position: The collision positions are output as world coordinates, so you can do something like spawn sparks at a collision point.
  • - Get / Set Colour Behaviours
  • - Round Value Behaviour
  • - Support for all Apple supported sound extensions
  • - Ability to clear cache from user settings
02-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Just made an account to ask this question.
On the website it says ad support and revenue is coming soon, any estimate?
I still have to save up to buy this app so I can't test it. Thank You!