★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-18-2013, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by ramon31 View Post
Is this sort of like Mario Pinball Land, that game was a beauty.
Bought it and I have to say this is terrific and I don't really like tabletop pinball games. Way better than Mario Pinball Land
A steal at 99c
01-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Playing this on an ipad 4, and I must say I was very impressed by the graphics. Everything looks so smooth, and there seems to be heavy AA, which makes it look beautiful at retina resolution.

01-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Any tips on how to find and enter the secret room on the City of Xio level? I've tried and tried but just cannot find it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Last edited by Andy C83; 01-18-2013 at 02:45 AM.
01-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Can't get enough. Just left a 5 star review on the App Store. This game is magic.
01-18-2013, 02:46 AM
So glad I saw this thread, couldn't agree more with everyone else. This game is a winner! Beautiful presentation and smooth gameplay.
Also, I happen to like the current voiceovers, and prefer them to English ones. It adds charm!
01-18-2013, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by derkdegeus View Post
Hey guys,

For those of you interested in the development of Momonga, I wrote a post on our dev blog on the history of the game, how we came up with the concept and with a general timeline of the development.

Good read thanks!

Heavy Devil is my latest game, check it out! AppStore GooglePlay
01-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Thanks everyone! It's heartwarming and overwhelming to read all your awesome comments.

We're pretty psyched out over here at the Paladin office, we hoped that people would like it, but never expected this crazy amount of positive reactions. We even got a bottle of champagne from one of our neighbours, because Momonga made his wife *not* play WoW for an evening. Changing the world one download at a time

Originally Posted by tminusvitali View Post
Is this iPhone 5 optimized?
Yes, I have an iPhone 5 and it's my favorite device. You have a bit more room for your thumbs - they don't block the view.

Keep on rollin'!
01-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Just completed the supercombo challenge on the City of Xio level, that was definitely a 'punch the air' moment.

The quality of this game is just.. Well it reminds me of why I fell in love with video games as a kid. I play Momonga and it feels like a game made by Nintendo. Only a handful of games on iOS have had that effect on me, and now Momonga is definitely one of them.

An incredible achievement from a small indie team, you should be very proud.
01-18-2013, 05:37 AM
[rant on]
To balance the amount of undiscerning praise showered over this game, here's my grumpy remark:
The one(s) who put the stupid "tilt-a-thon" flying squirrel minigame in my pinball game should be (insert favorite torture method here).

No, really, having to play it over and over in order to complete the challenges is downright infuriating (yes, I'm a completist). I bought it because I thought it's a pinball game, and I HATE tilt controls. At least let me use the flippers control instead of tilting (have you guys ever tried playing this on an iPad? not the smoothest control experience).
[rant off]

Overall, a wonderful game. I wanted a pinball game with a story and achievements since forever (as opposed to the standard, never-ending arcade type) and you deliver in spades. It's charming, beautiful, funny and endearing. My only gripe (except the one detailed above) is that I'll probably finish it tomorrow

ALL-TIME TOP TEN: 1 Magic 2013 - 2 Cut The Rope - 3 Infinity Blade - 4 Soosiz - 5 FIFA 13 - 6 Anomaly Warzone Earth - 7 Plants vs Zombies - 8 Death Rally - 9 Space Miner - 10 Momonga
PLAYING: The World Ends With You, Gemini Rue, Jacob Jones, Football Manager 2013

Last edited by Eddie; 01-18-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: raised the humorous tone a bit
01-18-2013, 06:26 AM
There's tilt controls?