★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

JAZZ: Trump's journey IS NOW FREE!!!

01-16-2013, 06:03 AM
JAZZ: Trump's journey IS NOW FREE!!!

Free for the 1st time ever!

01-16-2013, 06:32 AM

01-16-2013, 08:48 AM
This is a fantastic gem in the AppStore and a freebie of the day if you ask me. Amazing platformer with great, butter smooth animations and musicÖ music is in a class of its own (headphones highly recommended). It is a treat for your eyes and ears. Levels are a mixture of platforming and puzzles, with some elements of time manipulation, plus boss fights. It gets quite challenging on later levels but checkpoints are well placed so you donít get frustrated. I finished the game 100%, bought it at full price last year and never regretted it.

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomonís Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
01-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmai View Post
Guts for me, since I bought it at full price about a week ago.
Such is the gamble roll on the appstore... but it's good the dev got some paying customers too. I bought it when it was on sale not too long ago for $0.99... I'm fine with that.

It's kind of a catch-22 to be here as much as I am for good game deals (even free) yet to also want to support the devs that make good games with more than just kind words.
01-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Such is the gamble roll on the appstore... but it's good the dev got some paying customers too. I bought it when it was on sale not too long ago for $0.99... I'm fine with that.

It's kind of a catch-22 to be here as much as I am for good game deals (even free) yet to also want to support the devs that make good games with more than just kind words.
yeah... after a while, people get to know the appstore better, and what companies go free quickly - Bulkypix has quite a few sales, Chillingo makes quite a few of their games free shortly after release, EA always has a sale going on, ect...

I usually don't buy something unless I actually want to support the developer. I still get 'burned' but I've learned to live with the whole 'sometimes ya win, sometimes ya loose' type of attitude when dealing with the AppStore.

And when games are so cheap anyway, it's pretty easy to get over that momentary 'ah man, I just bought that game...' or 'damn, I bought that a week ago and haven't even played it, and now it's free' feelings that still happen fairly often.
01-16-2013, 09:20 AM
I'm with you there I never bought a chillingo game but warzone. I know after a month or so it will go free. EA doesn't do sales quiet as much mostly holidays but now you can't trust new developers because a full price 1.99 and up can either go free or 99 cents. The App Store is the stock market
01-16-2013, 09:25 AM
In after the price drop! This has been on my AppShopper wish list for the longest time. Woot woot.
01-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Guess my expectations were a bit too high but after playing it it seems pretty mediocre as far as platformers go.
01-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
And when games are so cheap anyway, it's pretty easy to get over that momentary 'ah man, I just bought that game...' or 'damn, I bought that a week ago and haven't even played it, and now it's free' feelings that still happen fairly often.
I'm not really bothered at all by games going free that I've purchased. I think most of what I've bought and not played yet are games that have been on sale anyway. If it's a good game I don't mind throwing a buck at it. Heck if it's something I'm dying to play then I don't mind throwing five at it even if it goes on sale a month or so later (like Crazy Taxi). Plus yeah it's a buck or whatever... as long as the game is good, I'm cool with it. I've spent less as an iOS gamer in a year than I have on any other platform in the same timeframe and have a lot more games to show for it.
01-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776-1865_RIP View Post
Guess my expectations were a bit too high but after playing it it seems pretty mediocre as far as platformers go.
Yeah, I thought so too... at first I was enjoying it, but it really seemed like the developers could have done so much more in terms of level design and puzzle elements...