★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by K-Dog View Post
Can't wait for the update, co-op crashes and bugs are really frequent, varied, sometimes amusing but mostly frustrating - yet all worth it when you get that match up that works!

Game is still 5 out of 5 for me in its current state!

Foursaken should get this game onto a console - it would be epic!
Same here. Hate the crashing on co op
01-25-2013, 09:57 PM
I totally have to chime in and say congrats on the awesome review on TA!

Totally deserved, though I could get piddly with some parts of the review. But who cares, game is frickin awesome!

Also, as far as building an engineer character, I would encourage people to not forget about armor or whatever that defense attribute is. Im hoping it makes me take less damage, and it sorta feels like it does. Though I would like foursaken to let me know that actual effects of armor. Is it useful after 10 pts? cuz 10 pts means you shouldnt get knocked down by the enemies anymore. I have 23 points, and I never ever ever get knocked down. But should additional defensive points be spent on armor or health? which is more bang for the buck?

Congrats again guys!

01-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by sdiggbot View Post
I'm at level 47 with my engy and it is getting pretty silly. I have a 70% crit rune so I've been pumping damage as well....how are you grinding out your levels? Co-op or just endless?
Endless, and playing wall defensive style. Even when I'm about to lose I get absurd amounts of xp for 20s of high level mobs beating on the castle. Oh, and lots of legendaries from that.

On peeps asking about paladin starts: gold mines til it gets hairy, then summon blunderbuss. At 32 gold or whatever, he'll help tons for crowd control. Only time I summon pikes before a blunder or three is if there's tons of armored mobs on that level. And of course on levels like 19 it's rifle instead.
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Foursaken this game is absolutely incredible! It might just be the best IOS game I've ever played, and that's saying something. I think you found an almost perfect challenge level, the levels start out easy, but once you get to 5+ you have to have a good stratagy(which I'm still trying to find)

Last edited by Legendary_Slayer; 01-25-2013 at 11:22 PM.
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by McCREE View Post
Build up your walls, towers and wall units. Don't worry about foot soldiers. When the trolls come, hit them once and get them to chase you. Build up a pile of them and let your ballista towers and riflemen kill them while they chase.

Try to get 4 mines up right away, then start improving walls and getting riflemen up. Once you have a good force on your wall, focus on the towers. A repairman and a longbeardman are helpful as well.

The important thing is to not worry about killing the orcs, just make sure they chase you. Your defenses should take care of the rest.
Thanks...I'm trying you method (right now) and it seems to be working.
01-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Level 29 is awesome. So much fun. I think that's the first time I fully capped my army in the campaign. Super fun.
01-25-2013, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
Thanks...I'm trying you method (right now) and it seems to be working.
To be fair, primoz helped me with that strategy. Gotta give credit where credit's due.
01-26-2013, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the strategy guys, don't buy anything apart from mines until you have +4 gold. That has made the game easier and honestly, tons funner! ��

01-26-2013, 03:21 AM
So u get exp for killing enemies AND getting hero or castle attacked? How and what exactly gives exp?

Update: played all defense w repairmen and steel walls, didn't get exp for getting my walls beat on. If I did it was negligible.

Last edited by Montanx; 01-26-2013 at 03:43 AM.
01-26-2013, 03:37 AM
If anyone's interested in hitting up some co op shoot me a message (level 46 pally). Name on GC is 1Resolve1 as well. I play in Australia on iphone 5