★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Yeah/.. with my +10 Armor rune i NEVER get knocked down anymore, and damage is mitigated by a good amount. Almost all tier 1 enemies just deal 1 damage.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Okay I'm stuck at level 18... those necromancers always get me and I'm not able to run out and kill them quick enough with my knight, as they deal lots of damage so I have to retreat to heal. I suppose ballista towers should help with singling those out but then I don't have enough money to spend on repairing walls and stuff. Any tips here?

01-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livven View Post
Okay I'm stuck at level 18... those necromancers always get me and I'm not able to run out and kill them quick enough with my knight, as they deal lots of damage so I have to retreat to heal. I suppose ballista towers should help with singling those out but then I don't have enough money to spend on repairing walls and stuff. Any tips here?
I finished lvl 18 in my first attempt using Lvl 20 Paladin with 75gold rune. At the beginning I build up my Mine to +3 and defend my wall till I Have my first pikeman. I keep buying Pikeman until I know I can control the field without enemies touching my wall, Then I build Blacksmith trained Captains and stone wall. If my Paladin, Captains and Pikeman are together they can deal 100-105 damage, and I'll just stun those necro before they hit me and let my Pikeman do the killings.
01-19-2013, 04:29 AM
add me on GC

Game Center ID: Johnny1821
01-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Maybe it's a typo in the game, maybe it's autocorrect, but why do people keep calling them barista towers? They aren't throwing coffee on the enemy. It's ballista towers.
01-19-2013, 08:07 AM
InstaBuy

Got this game last night, a lot of fun, great mashup of different genres

Is there any way to zoom out of the action and does anybody have any tips for getting the attack controls to work better, I have a little trouble with which enemy I am facing, of course it could just be I am not so young anymore
01-19-2013, 08:13 AM
My picky thing is that the action gets hectic and instead of move the hero I move the camera.
01-19-2013, 08:18 AM
I can't seem to get past stage 4, becoming very frustrating. I know I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a help thread for this game?
01-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Camera Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
My picky thing is that the action gets hectic and instead of move the hero I move the camera.
That is exactly what I am talking about too, the camera control is difficult for me sometimes. Maybe a button to just control the camera with a little zooming out or perhaps that attack not moving the camera so aggressively.

Great game though and these tweaks would make it perfect
01-19-2013, 08:51 AM
General Question:

(1) why no way to refund skill points?

Coop suggestions/questions:

(1) should probably scale with hero level, its fairly brutal without a high level hero;

(2) unit cap is shared between the two of you right?

(3) personal high score for co-op would be nice;

(4) reward doesnt seem to vary with how well you do...see (3), they are related;

(5) You rez automatically if the other hero is alive? It takes longer each time?

Use The Code JFLF5HT To Get 50% More Coins In Combat Monsters!