Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I had no problem with the other controls. It's the C that requires me to stand the iPad on something while I reposition my grip.

Nope, doesn't look like it. Bit of a shame, really. On an iPhone where you can reach all the keys the game would be awesome, but the iPad (while playable) is far from perfect.
I am not saying they are unplayable, rather I refuse to play them after buying them because it places stress on my hands. I can play them on iPad but not for any length and am forced to hold my iPad in a way that I normally don't in order to play their games due to their layout, and even then I can only do so for so long before my hands start to cramp from having to play in such odd positions. In my younger days this wouldn't be a problem, but nearing 40 my hands can't take that abuse anymore. I'm no small dude mind you, and I have big meaty strong work hands that are great for short range repetitive motion but not awkward positioning that their layout demands.

Long story short, I shouldn't look like I am hitching a ride when I play a game on my iPad! Playing on an unergonomic device as is and having to stretch my thumb across rather than diagonally down makes it tiring on the hands, especially for these type of games that require rapid and frequent input. There's a reason why a lot of developers place such arrows and buttons diagonally down rather then beside as it is the natural range of motion of thumb when holding these larger devices. Heck, I've even e-mailed them about it with a "we'll look into it" response and nothing else, a new released and then another new game released and now here we are, a new releasing again... Same old layout.

I'd love to buy this game but its a pass for me until they can fix this issue. LoE 1&2, Beatdown and Random Heroes remain unfinished by me for the same reasons. I love their games but can't tolerate their layouts. I'd love to support them and have in the past but I am opting out this time around. I am just deeply disappointed is all, as I'd like to enjoy the games better...
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Plays really well on the small screen, but really this may as well not even be universal. Have to wonder what rock Ravenous have been living under to not even attempt adjustable controls for iPad.
I agree. It's really strange that they won't listen to their customers' good and FREE advice to make their games better!
Even on my new ipad mini the C button is in a really bad place, let alone the full size iPad! Do they even try it themselves or they don't care enough?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM

I played the flash game, and that was pretty cool, but is this game any different from it or is it basically just a port?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Great game guys, good job, really enjoyed Please move C button to right and a bit top, on ipad really hard to press it
Old 01-17-2013, 02:09 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

What a pleasant surprise, I'll definitely check this out. Hopefully this'll make up for their less-than-stellar, but not terrible games lately.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Found a stupid bug making it impossible to clear level 57

After dropping the first crate into the hole, when moving the second crate over the top of the first it causes you to explode, losing your push ability that you need to catapult yourself over the chasm.
game to short.
Beat almost whole game (thanks bug) in under a hour. No comparison to LOE 1 or 2. Only really enjoyed two or three levels out of the 57 I completed.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusjr98 View Post
What a pleasant surprise, I'll definitely check this out. Hopefully this'll make up for their less-than-stellar, but not terrible games lately.
Actually, I think that would describe this effort fairly well. Though by the same token it's difficult to restrain hostility towards anyone who could implement that "C" button as is. Even on the small screen.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
Only really enjoyed two or three levels out of the 57 I completed.
I'm on 24. Guess I haven't gotten to those two or three yet.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

They appear to have successfully sucked the life out of the action platformer genre. It just feels so ... flat. That's the best word I can think of.

Short, unimaginative levels that don't allow for any kind of player innovation, just A-B-C-Exit. Poor control button placement on iPad which has already been mentioned a lot here.

There is no replay value or incentive to replay any level as each one is just done/next, with no secret areas, no items to collect, no star ratings, no speedruns, no unlockable characters, nothing.

It's soulless and not much fun, which is a bit of a shame because the whole The Thing style concept of possessing people is great, just implemented in such a bland, humourless manner as to generate complete indifference in the player.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I agree there could be a bit more 'padding' to this game, but for a basic puzzle platformer for ONLY 69p i think its worth it.

I personally dont care for speed runs/stars/outfits or any of that, i like to get from level to level, finish all levels and undelete. Games like this i dont go back to to try and get a better time/score etc, just want to get to the end like you did in the old days ! Once i finish a level i dont go back to replay it anyway to check for any hidden things.

With so many games out there i like to complete it and move on.

Again i think we're losing sight of the fact this games 69p and will give you a fair bit of enjoyment for that crazy small price. If this was 2.99 i could get why there might be a bit of 'hate' for it, but at 69p its a nice little puzzle platformer. Just 69p