Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I agree there could be a bit more 'padding' to this game, but for a basic puzzle platformer for ONLY 69p i think its worth it.
Please, not the 69p argument. I'd have the same opinion if it was free or 10 pounds. It's lifeless and not very entertaining. That's nothing to do with the price.

Also, I'm not saying all games need speedruns, star ratings etc., just pointing out that this one has none of those things. If you look at TA threads for games like Joe Danger and Mikey Shorts (the latter I really didn't care for) it's clear that many iOS gamers do like that kind of thing.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

You do at times have to put the price as part of the discussion though, i've had a lot of fun with this so far, is it the best platformer i've ever played ? Nope, it'll keep me entertained a fair few days as i play a few levels here and there.

I still feel like Ravenous must be able to create a huge 'monster' of a game, Random Heroes i like but to be fair a bit like this is was quite sparse in some areas and needed more 'oomph'. Random Heroes and Infestor remind me of old classic 8 bit games.

Would love to see more sprites in their games as they always seem a bit 'quiet'.

Granted some gamers do love the whole 3 star thing and putting on a different pair of trousers for their character (!?!?) but i'm glad a lot of games dont bother with any of that and just give us some old fashioned gameplay rather than popups telling me i can buy a new shirt for my sprite (!?)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I just think Ravenous changed direction after the first League of Evil and it hasn't been for the best.

This game, like Random Heroes, lacks any serious challenge and the levels are not memorable. I'm going through them very quickly but it feels more like I'm doing it just to get it done rather than because I want to see what comes next.

Infestor may share some similarities with older platform games but it feels more like a half-hearted imitation than a tribute.

Overall, I suppose I feel more sympathy for the game than outright dislike, because with only a small amount of extra effort they could have made something very good using the same assets.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh, and iCloud doesn't appear to work for me. Loads of levels completed on iPad, game started on iPod Touch and it's on level 1. iCloud turmed on by default on both devices all the time.

Anyone else having this problem or, more useful for me, had this problem but managed to get it working?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

The "Your own medicine" achievement is bugged.

Got all the others.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:11 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
The "Your own medicine" achievement is bugged.

Got all the others.
There should be an achievement for seeing the "Infected" achievement notification pop up a gazillion times - I'd get that one, no problem.

Part of me wishes the humans would notice my small green blob guy and run back and forth waving their arms in the air and screaming. That alone would easily double the fun of the game.

[Edit] - I found another bug/glitch: It's possible for the block-pushing character to become stuck to the side of a block that he pushed. Example: level 32 - push the block all the way to the right and he gets stuck. In other news, going in and out of Game Center appears to have sorted out the repeat notification issue for achievements.

Last edited by Planetshooter; 01-17-2013 at 05:42 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
Found a stupid bug making it impossible to clear level 57

After dropping the first crate into the hole, when moving the second crate over the top of the first it causes you to explode, losing your push ability that you need to catapult yourself over the chasm.
game to short.
Beat almost whole game (thanks bug) in under a hour. No comparison to LOE 1 or 2. Only really enjoyed two or three levels out of the 57 I completed.
Yeah, I had that bug too and it was annoying as it occurs near the end of the level. I kept retrying, almost completely gave up the first time he didn't explode because he got stuck to the crate when it was pushed up against the wall and couldn't move any further. I eventually cleared the level and finished the game, but it's really down to luck whether those bugs get you or not.

I thought two levels (out of the 60) were very good - 47 and 50. If the rest of the levels had been designed to that standard and higher it would have been a minor classic. As it is... forget and move on.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:13 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I played this a little today. It's OK. It starts off slowly and just feels kind of blah. I hope it gets better as it goes. Not too impressed so far. Also the C button location really is terrible, even on iPhone. I often fail because I jump out instead of shooting.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:32 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Great game, but the controls on the ipad are still the same old Ravenous issue. The buttons are responsive, but that C button has to be moved elsewhere. Also, why cant there be moveable controls?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
Yeah, I had that bug too and it was annoying as it occurs near the end of the level. I kept retrying, almost completely gave up the first time he didn't explode because he got stuck to the crate when it was pushed up against the wall and couldn't move any further. I eventually cleared the level and finished the game, but it's really down to luck whether those bugs get you or not.

I thought two levels (out of the 60) were very good - 47 and 50. If the rest of the levels had been designed to that standard and higher it would have been a minor classic. As it is... forget and move on.
For anyone having trouble on level 57 - you need to position the crates in a way that the crate you drop down from above is the one you push over the first crate.

If the crate from above goes into the hole, you will die when pushing the other one over it. If the first crate goes into the hole, there's no problem.