App description: Final Fantasy III -- now on iPhone and iPod touch!

First released in 1990, Final Fantasy III was the first title in the Final Fantasy series to become a million-seller, establishing once and for all that Square Enix's classic RPG saga was here to stay.
The full 3D remake released in 2006 duplicated the original's success, selling over a million copies worldwide.

Final Fantasy III was a hallmark of innovation for the entire series, from the job system that lets characters change classes at any time to the ability to summon powerful creatures such as Shiva and Bahamut.

When darkness falls and the land is robbed of light, four youths are chosen by the crystals to set forth on a journey to save the world.

--------------------------------------------

Game Features

- New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences exclusive to the iPhone/iPod touch

- Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls specifically tailored to Square Enix's iPhone RPGs

- Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game records

- New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards

-Optimized for the 4-inch Retina display.

-Support has been added for the Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery.

--------------------------------------------

CAUTION

Please note that when updating to iOS 7, Quicksaves will be lost.
Please make sure to save your game to a Slot before updating.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post

If you want to complain about the price of this game, do it here.

If you want to discuss the game itself, carry on friends!!!
03-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Looks pretty nice, will be getting this.

03-23-2011, 05:29 AM
its above the range i would have thought..but who cares..this
will bring alot of joy
i'll take it once it hits the us shop
03-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Sigh, and I just said in the Forget-Me-Not thread that I've busted my monthly gaming budget. Then all these awesome games came along. Most unkind.
03-23-2011, 05:30 AM
Holy expensivesauce... :X

It's here!

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
YAY!!! It is finally here...

LOL @ pricing. And I really don't know why nobody was believing me that it's approx. 14 bucks.
But only one thing counts in the end: I was right.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
How's FF3 compared to Chaos Rings and Secret of Mana?

And would their other titles go on sale to celebrate the new game? (that's how Square Enix rolls)

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Wow, 20 bucks in NZ, that'll probably equal about 18 Aussie dollars.

It can't be too far away from here Does anyone know what time releases are for Australian EDST? Thanks. I can't wait for this.
03-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
How's FF3 compared to Chaos Rings and Secret of Mana?

And would their other titles go on sale to celebrate the new game? (that's how Square Enix rolls)
Almost night and day. FF3 is probably gonna be considered the best RPG as of now on the appstore. Yes there are many great RPGs already, but this one is the most complete, and considering that it was sold for around $40-50 on the DS, I'll gladly pay $14 to get it on my iTouch.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
03-23-2011, 05:38 AM
Hey, the price for the DS version is still at 25 bucks. So be glad, you'll get it for 11 bucks less. With better gfx.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.