★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I Dig It (Lite) released today

07-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I Dig It (Lite) released today

I Dig It (Lite) released today. The game is similar to the flash game "motherload".

iTunes Link - Free Version

iTunes Link - Full Version

Video Link

Synopses:

In the campaign mode you play as farmer Lewis, who in a last ditch effort to save his farm from foreclosure, builds a digging machine to search underground for precious gems, ores, and rare items called "diggins".

As you collect these items, you fly back up to the surface to fuel-up and sell your "diggins". You then use the money you receive to purchase upgrades for your digger which allows you to explore further and further down below ground to find the more valuable items. But you have to be quick so you can raise enough money to buy back your farm before the time runs out.

To succeed in the game you have to learn how to manage your fuel, temperature, health, cargo, etc as you explore the depths.

07-01-2009, 05:20 PM

07-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Great game. It is actually a bit better than Motherload (just because the tunnels don't cave in all of the time). This game is easily worth $30.

Galaxy Note 5, iPad Air 1
07-01-2009, 06:38 PM
30 dollars!?! Really?

Well I just downloaded the lite version of this, I'll give it a whirl after Light Wars.
07-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami_Light View Post
Great game. It is actually a bit better than Motherload (just because the tunnels don't cave in all of the time). This game is easily worth $30.
lol 30, haha maybe to you. but there is no way it's of the quality of realracing or other top notch games. 5 bucks sure, 30 no. if you enjoy it that much then awesome, i'm sure they are glad to hear it, but i don 't want other people to have the idea this is a 30 dollar like game. it's a very good game at a very fair price. i hope the lite brings it lots of success.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I really love the worn out industrial look of the HUD/controls, got the full version and have been enjoying it. Definitely get the lite version if you haven't given it a shot, there's some fun to be had

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
07-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Tried the lite version, didn't really enjoy it...

Nice graphics, but the gameplay just didn't grab me.
07-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Tried the lite version, didn't really enjoy it...

Nice graphics, but the gameplay just didn't grab me.
Fair enough, it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Part of the real fun of the game is exploration and believe me it's deep. If you dig a shaft straight to the bottom, from the top it would take a full minute of free-fall to reach the bottom. The lite version only gives you 15 minutes of play, which isn't long enough to really explore the depths.

Plus there are tons of unique diggens (60+) required to complete your collection, a campaign mode that takes about 2.5-3 hours to complete the first time through, 5 mini-game challenges, freeplay mode etc.

If you're on the fence you should definitely give this a try.

Brian Howard
InMotion Software
07-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Love this game! Only thing I would recommend (as I saw someone else post before) without playing it that much so far is to make the machine get meaner looking and bigger as it gets upgrades. Any chance for that? I want a badass hog!
07-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Great Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Frame View Post
Love this game! Only thing I would recommend (as I saw someone else post before) without playing it that much so far is to make the machine get meaner looking and bigger as it gets upgrades. Any chance for that? I want a badass hog!
Lol...Ya me too I love this game! Yet there is so much more potential! I hope they add to it some more.

Playing: idigit1 & Expeditions, Adventure Bay, Sword & Poker 1&2, HR Derby 3D, Paladog
(RIP LootWars...)