★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Zenge is FREE today with AppGratis.com

Zenge is a peculiar puzzle game, telling the story of Eon - a lonely journeyman who's stuck between the worlds and time.

Game is intended to be a relaxing experience, thus there are no points, stars, tutorials, move counters, in game shops or any other distractors. Just pure, immersive journey with Eon, told through gorgeous art and music.

Made by Michal "Hamster" Pawlowski and Konrad Januszewski (he drew it!).

Thanks for supporting us!

chomi3's comments:

04-13-2016, 10:22 PM
This looks beautiful! I'll have to give it a try....

04-14-2016, 12:23 AM
Just watched the trailer, cool idea.
04-14-2016, 02:28 AM
chomi3,

Congrats on the game's release!

This is an interesting take on the otherwise familiar tangram or similar dissection puzzles, with the added constraints that certain pieces must be placed in order (so not to obstruct each other) and can only travel in restricted paths.

The earlier puzzles are quite straightforward (perhaps a bit too much hand holding). I presume they will get more complicated later on.

Admittedly somewhat lost on the abstract pictorial story, at least for now.

So far a very polished experience. Beautiful art style (suitable for framing on a wall). Definitely agree with the developer about the relaxing atmosphere.

Extra info:

This is the same developer who previously made another puzzle game called Blue Box which I enjoyed.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 04-14-2016 at 02:36 AM.
04-14-2016, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
chomi3,

Congrats on the game's release!

This is an interesting take on the otherwise familiar tangram or similar dissection puzzles, with the added constraints that certain pieces must be placed in order (so not to obstruct each other) and can only travel in restricted paths.

The earlier puzzles are quite straightforward (perhaps a bit too much hand holding). I presume they will get more complicated later on.

Admittedly a bit lost on the abstract pictorial story, at least for now.

So far a very polished experience. Beautiful art style (suitable for framing on a wall). Definitely agree with the developer about the relaxing atmosphere.

Extra info:

This is the same developer who previously made another puzzle game called Blue Box which I enjoyed.
Hey, thanks for the comment! I'm very happy you like the game!

The game has no tutorial, so couple of puzzles had to be realy easy, in order to subconciously pick all the game mechanics. It's getting more interesting on later levels Or at least it's what I've been told by the players

Regarding the story... it's there, believe me It has a lot of space for "free interpretation", but I believe it has a meaning. At least it had when I was writing it.

Have fun playing!

btw, that's a great surprise you know Blue Box So cool to hear you like it.
04-14-2016, 07:08 AM
#1 in AppStore

Woah, now that's surprising
Zenge hit #1 in Polish AppStore in Puzzles and Adventure categories.
Nanannana

04-14-2016, 07:26 AM
Bought the game, didn't know really what to expect,, but this is really awesome, it's just one of those games that gives you that special feeling, a feeling that not many games have, welcome to the club of special games man.

This game is way to cheap, hope you get lots of downloads.
04-14-2016, 09:26 AM
Man this looks so good. Love zen puzzle games. Best of luck.
04-14-2016, 10:06 AM
Enjoying this one so far. I wasn't sure if I would, but it's relaxing and starting to get more intricate. Just wish it had iCloud. I made a short gameplay video if anyone wants to see what it's like:

04-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Just finished the game.

Definitely agree with the "high art" style the developer was trying to convey in the game's presentation.

Also agree with the puzzles' increasing difficulty as the game progresses, but none of them are at all taxing in any way.

As the developer already stated, the game was meant to be enjoyed in a relaxing manner. The relative simplicity of the puzzles worked well given the intended goal.

It is quite short. I was able to finish it in about an hour, working very casually my way through.

I think it is one of those in which where you are playing for atmosphere and not for cunning puzzles.

In this context, this is an easy recommendation.