★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND AN iPad WITH RETINA DISPLAY (iPad mini with Retina Display, iPad 3 or newer) ARE REQUIRED FOR USE. Generation 1 iPad, iPad 2, and the original iPad mini (without Retina Display) are not supported.**

PLAY, TRADE, AND CHALLENGE OTHER PLAYERS AROUND THE WORLD
Have fun learning and mastering the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online! Practice against the computer or go head to head with your friends or other players from around the world. Unlock cards and decks as you play to build up your collection and make truly unique decks. Your decks and card collection are stored as a part of your Pokémon Trainer Club account, allowing you to switch between iPad and desktop with ease.

EASY TO START: Choose from Grass, Fire, or Water decks, step right into a game, and learn as you go in an easy play experience.

EXPAND YOUR COLLECTION: Earn cards, open booster packs, trade with other players, and build the perfect deck around your favorite cards. Your collection grows with you!

CUSTOMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE: Build your own decks, customize the look of your cards, deck boxes, and avatar, and join your friends online.

HONE YOUR SKILLS: Play against the computer until you are ready to challenge other players.

CHALLENGE THE WORLD: When you feel your deck design is ready, challenge other players or join a tournament to show your skill and knowledge.

**An Internet connection and an iPad with Retina display (iPad mini with Retina display, iPad 3 or newer) are required for use.**

Card Languages Supported:
* English
* Français
* Deutsch
* Español (Europa)
* Italiano
* Português (Brazilian)

UI Languages Supported:
* English
* Français
* Deutsch
* Español (Europa)
* Italiano
* Português (Brazilian)
* Nederlands
* Svenska
* Dansk
* Norske
* Suomi

©2016 Pokémon. ©19952016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. TM, ®, and character names are trademarks of Nintendo.
09-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Pokemon.. now that's a big step. Though I guess I like Pokemon the most but I enjoy playing the Yugioh game mechanics more.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar // Gamecenter ID: raidriar

09-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Im glad pokemon now has a title on iOS, i hope this goes on, where we'll see iOS originals and even ports of the pokemon classics.

I got addicted to the real TCG before, but with Hearthstone being my CCG go-to right now, im not sure how much i would spend time on Pokemon TCG.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-26-2014, 02:19 PM
This is massive for me, I loved the CCG as a teen but lost interest after a few years. Will be great to see how it's evolved since then along with the possibilities for future games it brings with it. Can quite happily play multiple CCGs at once so this is definitely getting downloaded.
09-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Welp, looks like I need to make a Canadian account.
09-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Looking forward to this. My kids love the cards, and every pack they buy comes with a code to redeem for an equivalent pack online. Time to start redeeming codes!

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
09-26-2014, 03:35 PM
This isn't the first official Pokémon app on the App Store though. There's also a Pokédex.

Anyway, iPad only, so not for me.
09-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Thé first loading is very slow
09-26-2014, 09:12 PM
I haven't been able to play at all. It gets to the main menu and then crashes after any selection after that. Not sure if it's an iPad Mini problem or a problem in general. I was excited to play it too.

Edit: Oh, it says with retina display. That could be the problem.
09-26-2014, 09:18 PM
An Internet connection and retina display iPad required.

Big fat pass here.

Hope they can bring it to iphone 6/+ otherwise don't care.