01-17-2013, 02:27 AM
#21
I'm finding the game fun - at least for now. It's different in pace to their other games, but very entertaining.

@orangepascal, the developer:

- What's the point of taking cover behind crates, if the enemy bullets go right past them? Is this a bug?
- I think I went to the "Gameboy" special stage with a special weapon, but when I came back I had lost it. Is this also a bug?
- Finally, I noticed that we can totally run out of ammo. What if when we run out of ammo in the main gun, we lose the auto-fire capability and one click = one shot? I find that without ammo you can't really get new ammo, since you can't kill people nor opening crates, or am I missing something?

Overall good fun.

Cheers!

Paulo
01-17-2013, 02:59 AM
#22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
I'm finding the game fun - at least for now. It's different in pace to their other games, but very entertaining.

@orangepascal, the developer:

- What's the point of taking cover behind crates, if the enemy bullets go right past them? Is this a bug?
- I think I went to the "Gameboy" special stage with a special weapon, but when I came back I had lost it. Is this also a bug?
- Finally, I noticed that we can totally run out of ammo. What if when we run out of ammo in the main gun, we lose the auto-fire capability and one click = one shot? I find that without ammo you can't really get new ammo, since you can't kill people nor opening crates, or am I missing something?

Overall good fun.

Cheers!

Paulo
- taking cover is mostly cause it looks awesome but will put the enemy-bullet thing on the ToDo list !
- no bug, you dump your weapons when you go into it (as you noticed the level has no weapons, just head-jumping mario style)
- don't run out of ammo! You could still kill people if you found a mine, and they might drop a weapon or ammo.. but basic rule: don't run out of ammo


For the people asking how 2-player coop works, check : http://orangepixel.net/gunslugs/coop-mode/

scroll a bit down the page for the iOS ways of doing coop

01-17-2013, 03:12 AM
#23
Hah, that makes sense

Maybe my thing with the weapons wasn't clear: I'm not expecting to keep my weapons in the mini-game, but when I get out of it, I expected to have them back.

Is there a reason for that not to happen?

Cheers, and congrats on the release
01-17-2013, 03:24 AM
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
Hah, that makes sense

Maybe my thing with the weapons wasn't clear: I'm not expecting to keep my weapons in the mini-game, but when I get out of it, I expected to have them back.

Is there a reason for that not to happen?

Cheers, and congrats on the release
Don't think there is a special reason for it.. think it's just how it works right now will put it on the other "maybe it should be Todo" list
01-17-2013, 03:27 AM
#25
Loving this ! I love the manic gameplay, bullets everywhere, the mini games i've started to discover in the rooms etc.

Love the look of the graphics, buttons work very well, well well worth the money. Superb
01-17-2013, 08:15 AM
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I don't know, only played for a few minutes but so far just seems like a chaotic mess of bullets and bodies with little room for strategy or chance to avoid anything. Hold down the fire button and run around like a chicken with head cut off. Meh.
It gets a whole lot better in world 2...

While I will agree that World 1 is pretty much a no-thought required, run and gun like a chicken with your head cut off type of world, if you try that tactic in World 2, you're done for.

Aside from the couple of bugs (which have been mentioned here, and others that I've sent to Pascal, but that don't really have any impact on gameplay) - this has got to be a damn near perfect run'n'gun game.

The random level generation, the mini-games (what a great freak'n surprise!), the scoring, explosions, soundtrack (which, BTW, would be great if made available through bandcamp or iTunes!), controls (made even better by the fact that Ravenous released a game on the same day, and have pretty much refused to make their games playable on the iPad)... everything is perfect. I can't say one negative thing about the game. I really can't. =oD

Once you hit World 2 and need to start dodging and actually playing like you have some sense, the difficulty revs up in typical OrangePixel fashion, and is a blast.

I've only sunk about 2 hours into the game so far, but I'm hooked.

I got Riven for iPad last night as well, but I dunno if I'll be able to find much time to play it because of Gunslugs. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral
01-17-2013, 10:30 AM
#28
@orangepascal, is there any chance local Bluetooth multiplayer in between two iOS devices will be implemented?
01-17-2013, 10:54 AM
#29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
@orangepascal, is there any chance local Bluetooth multiplayer in between two iOS devices will be implemented?
haven't really looked into it.. was first time I did any type of 2 player stuff, and this was the most easy to create It was also mainly created with various consoles/gadgets in mind that are coming this year (like the iosGamedock.com and the Ouya)

so.. I am looking into other multiplayer options, but please don't hold your breath for it !
01-17-2013, 11:05 AM
#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepascal View Post
haven't really looked into it.. was first time I did any type of 2 player stuff, and this was the most easy to create It was also mainly created with various consoles/gadgets in mind that are coming this year (like the iosGamedock.com and the Ouya)

so.. I am looking into other multiplayer options, but please don't hold your breath for it !
It's ok, this is still an awesome single player game! I just need to have my friend download Joypad and we can try it out, (good thing I still have my old 3rd gen! )