Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Wasn't sure if I was going to pick this up, but reading the comments here, I couldn't resist.

Note to Ravenous Games - this is how you make a retro shooter/platformer (was disappointed in Random Heroes). Great game!

Only minor thing that bugged me was that you can't re-enter a building once you've been in it. My own fault for pressing to go out, but just made me wonder why you couldn't go back in.

Other than that, having fun and loving the random generation of levels.

Last edited by awp69; 01-18-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Finally got a chance to play and I like it a lot. This would be an endless shooter I think... the music is catchy and awesome, controls are perfect, different endless levels with random generarion, plenty of ammo and health and the best part: the endless gunning and destruction. OrangePixel has done it again.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:25 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Just got my best score so far, made it to the third area. Blowing up helicopters with mines is a good tactic.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Why isn't this game getting more attention? It really deserves it!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
In all my sessions so far I never ran out of ammo. So, I vote for bad gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Yeah i must admit i havent ran out of ammo either, i'll keep playing and maybe later on in another level ammo might be tight. But so far i've been blasting everything like crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Was just playing now and survived the first world without running out of ammo...
You guys are awesome!

(But that's still beside the point, isn't it?)
Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 PM

You call running out of ammo a game design flaw..

Does that mean that if you lose a life in a game that's also bad game design?

There's no point in having an ammo counter if you expect the game to always give you ammo anyway, that's like an energy bar that never runs out!

The game design is simple: ammo and weapons are spawning all over the place, if you manage to run out.. you might have to shoot more accurate or manage your bullets more. I guess you could call it some tactical game play.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepascal View Post
You call running out of ammo a game design flaw..

Does that mean that if you lose a life in a game that's also bad game design?

There's no point in having an ammo counter if you expect the game to always give you ammo anyway, that's like an energy bar that never runs out!

The game design is simple: ammo and weapons are spawning all over the place, if you manage to run out.. you might have to shoot more accurate or manage your bullets more. I guess you could call it some tactical game play.
I can't believe you are trying to defend this or that I actually need to spell it out to someone who makes games. "Running out of ammo" is not bad design. Giving the player no choice but to suicide IF they run out of ammo is bad design. Give them a melee weapon. Let them hit stuff with fists. Make it so underpowered in comparison to guns by all means, that they would never choose to go there and will still attempt to avoid it at all costs. But for crying out loud, don't make the player have to stand in front of a crate with no way to break it and instead have to either quit the game or run around looking for a monster to kill them. That's just ridiculous. And I'm done with this topic.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

@Gabrien Ammo boxes are everywhere, when you get new guns their ammo is full, when it gets empty (do it on purpose with the grenade launcher) the weapon you had before is full of ammo... It adds to the strategy of the game and its balance. You must be really bad at this game :P
Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

@ Gabrien Thanks for calling me awesome! It was short lived though because I've died quite a few games within the first world. I wasn't paying enough attention to my life meter and game over. Because of random stages I've had some where I felt like a chicken with........
I guess I'm just not put up on a pedestal material!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 AM

@Gabrien

But there is still a choice if you run out of ammo.. there are landmines all over the place, that's the design I put into this game according to my own vision and humor (running without a gun having all those enemies following you is a pretty funny image imho).

You might not like the gameplay design in the game, that's fine, but don't call it "Bad design" because it's not the way you would prefer it or want it.. I'm sure once you create a game according to your grand vision there will be plenty of people telling you to do it different, cause you can't simply create a game that everybody loves and likes 100%.

good discussion tho!