Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 PM

Hey folks, thanks for checking out our new game, Rise of the Blobs.

It's been an absolute labor of love to build this game. Twice the development duration of Wind-up Knight, 3x the code, and a 40% larger team. It's completely different than Wind-up Knight and that's the way we like it. Hope you like it too!

RE: in-app purchases. The game is free and you can play it forever for free. Unlike Wind-up Knight we never ask you to pay to progress. The items will help you get bigger scores, but you can buy them with coins that you earn through play if you don't feel like spending money. One of the big lessons we learned from Wind-up Knight is that we should never stop folks from playing the game. So we don't. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

So far I like it. It's very, very polished.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispruett View Post
RE: in-app purchases. The game is free and you can play it forever for free. Unlike Wind-up Knight we never ask you to pay to progress. The items will help you get bigger scores, but you can buy them with coins that you earn through play if you don't feel like spending money. One of the big lessons we learned from Wind-up Knight is that we should never stop folks from playing the game. So we don't. Hope you enjoy it!
Hi Chris, nice to talk to you in person!

To be honest, I really LIKED the IAP method used in WUK. I actually finished the whole game w/o paying, and playing the way it was supposed to be in the process.

But here, there are IAPs at every turn. If you can offer a more "balanced" game with better payout and ZERO IAPs for say $1.99, I will be all over it. Otherwise, sadly, this game will be gone from my device come tomorrow.

No offence intended and I respect your team very much as WUK sits proudly in my Hall of Fame.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 PM

Hi Leonard,

Most of the development time on this project was spent on balancing. It was incredibly difficult, but we're very happy with the way it turned out.

None of the purchases give you any advantage over somebody who plays for free. Purchases are for coins, which let you buy items. But there are lots of other ways to get coins and items; for example, you can complete missions to get payout rewards. Playing well gives you experience points which give you free item rewards. I meant what I said before: you can play this entire game for free, forever.

If you are turned off by the very idea of having an optional purchase within the app, I think that there is unfortunately very little for you to play nowadays. But rest assured that this isn't the kind of game where you must pay to win. We've worked really hard to ensure that the game is about your ability and your skill, not your wallet. You've played Wind-up Knight, you know how important this mantra is to us.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Wind-up Knight. Please do not write Rise of the Blobs off just because it contains in-app purchases. And if you don't mind spending money but just want to unlock all the content for a one-time fee... well, we have that in there too (Robot Invader Pack).

Give it a chance and I think you'll find it quite pleasant.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Rise of the Blobs is a well executed take on an old classic. If you enjoy Tetris and its related ilk you'll get a blast out of this game.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffordling View Post
Rise of the Blobs is a well executed take on an old classic. If you enjoy Tetris and its related ilk you'll get a blast out of this game.
Wait, does RotB resemble more of a match 3 game or Tetris?
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

@chrispruett

When will be available the Vip Pass? Right now it shows as Not Available... a shame because this games is great and want to speed things up.. How much will it cost?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Wind-Up Knight was one of the best games I've played on iOS, so I'll give this a shot.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM

i think the problem with iap in highscoregames like this is that a group of jailbroken people will use iaphack and instantly rule the leaderbords. and make the whole thing pointless :/