Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-17-2013, 11:27 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

*throws live strong wristband to the ground*

•••Spoiler:  Yeah, I don't really care...
Old 01-20-2013, 12:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Lance Armstrong's story is just sad and disappointing. Not really angry or anything like that.
Yeah, I agree. It's just sad that his success and everything wasn't real...it even makes his fundraising seem less meaningful
Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

such a shame about this. it's like the day you find out that Santa isn't real. i was so disappointed when i first heard about this and i hope, at least, that he didn't fake the cancer.. that would really piss me off if he'll say that that was all a cheat too.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:08 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Just as the late great comedian George Carlin used to joke about....he would have liked to see banned substances made legal for the Olympics and other events! He wanted to see a whole bunch of pumped up freaks with muscles the size of horses on human bodies. He wanted to see beyond human feats pushing themselves to incredible limits all purely for our entertainment pleasure. I agree I'd like to see someone run the 100 m final in 2 seconds , maybe run the marathon in a half an hour, throw a shot put right out of the stadium. We should be applauding Armstrong for his filthy deception because he was a beacon of hope for fulfilling George Carlins dream may he rest in peace!
As for Lance well..... Get back on your drug regiment there are tournaments to win!

Last edited by Capricornman; 01-20-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

It seems like the Lance Armstrong story is probably not much different than a lot of athletes. It's sad really that even in youth sports sometimes I'll see a kid that just doesn't look right for his age (a muscular 10 year old?, yep)... and the parents wonder why their kid isn't as tall as all their friends. It would be nice if there was drug testing across the board even in youth sports. Then again, it would be nice if we could have more coaches push sportsmanship over gamesmanship.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I did not watch it and really have no interest in it. The guy cheated and is only gaining more publicity by coming out about it. He has done some great things but I would not want to waste time listening to him and Oprah babble about it. He lied, he doped, end of story.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:45 PM

Default Lance Armstrong

He was great. Got famous. Got ill. Diagnosed. Survived. Doped. Lied. Still famous and at some point was able to encourage, motivate and inspire others and got appreciated by that and now that the truth came out I don't think people should get mad at him as if other people don't tell lies.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:56 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

As Jon Richardson said on '8 out of 10 cats' last night, even without the drugs and the cheating, the guy is just a completely unlikeable asshole. Also, his name describes what he does: Lance arm = strong.