★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ELFrun ($0.99): A Christmas iPhone/iPod Game

12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
ELFrun ($0.99): A Christmas iPhone/iPod Game

PARENTAL ADVISORY: This game keeps your children entertained while you can make your final Christmas preparations.

;-)

Our first iPhone/iPod game has been released and is available in the AppStores worldwide. The game features exciting gameplay for the whole family, a fully rendered intro and extro video, nice 3D graphics, an adorable (and animated) main character, sound effects and a catching music theme. And it's all about Christmas! We'd appreciate if the TouchArcade community would help us in promoting our first piece of work and we hope that you enjoy playing it as much as we did making it.

Here are the most important links first:

AppStore Link

Youtube link | Pop Up

ELFrun homepage with online highscore

And here are some shots for a very first idea:

The game was created within approx. eight weeks by one artist and me as the programmer (spare time) on the creative/engineering side plus one legal/marketing expert and a producer on the business side.

Constructive comments are welcome, purchases on the AppStore greatly appreciated ;-)

Best,
Matt

Last edited by salsamd; 12-16-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: embedded video
12-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Game looks like it could be pretty fun, but my wallet isn't liking the app store lately, and I think I need to give it a break until christmas. The first screenshot of the elf's face looks really nice to me, I really like that "style" I guess

12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
saw the trailer

i think you mean "imagine" instead of "image"

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
A few questions

Hi Matt,

I checked out the iTunes description and YouTube video. It looks like a fun original game.

I have a few questions:

1) Is the sensitivity of the tilt controls adjustable?

2) Are there different levels of difficulty?

3) Is there a save option and or will the game remember your progress if play is interupted?

4) Can you listen to your own ipod music while playing?

Thanks,
snow_mani
12-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 View Post
i think you mean "imagine" instead of "image"
OMFG. You're so right. After eight weeks of work you don't see such details. So posting here already paid of, noone else recognized that before. For the time being, we've added a little note to the YouTube video and will upload a new version tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
1) Is the sensitivity of the tilt controls adjustable?
Not yet, but that's a good point for a version 1.1.

Quote:
2) Are there different levels of difficulty?
There are 24 levels and they're getting more and more difficult.

Quote:
Is there a save option and or will the game remember your progress if play is interupted?
It remembers the last level you finished successfully and continues playing with the next one if the game was interrupted.

Quote:
Can you listen to your own ipod music while playing?
No. You wouldn't want to anyway because the music is so amazing. ;-)
(Also noted for 1.1)

Best,
Matt

Last edited by matthias6S; 12-03-2008 at 07:16 PM.
12-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Music in YouTube video super annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias6S View Post
No. You wouldn't want to anyway because the music is so amazing. ;-)
To be honest, I found the music in the YouTube video to be very annoying. No way would I want to listen to that while playing! Letting people choose the music they listen to while playing should be easy and a must if I am going to purchase. Good to see that you are going to consider that change in 1.1.

Last edited by snow_mani; 12-03-2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: clarify
12-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Quote:
To be honest, I found the music in the YouTube video to be very annoying. No way would I want to listen to that while playing!
Even so, you don't have to. There's an option to disable music and/or sfx in the menu. And now I need to console our musician, bbl. ;-)

Best,
Matt
12-03-2008, 09:28 PM
One artist huh - pay him extra because his work is fantastic.
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
looks pretty fun. Bonus points for not coming in here and saying " hey guys look at this new app i found on the app store. It looks pretty awesome and its fun, you should buy it." An honest dev always gets a plus in my book

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
looks pretty fun.
It is! You need to try it! ;-)

SCNR.
Matt