★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anyone think they can create a good strategy game for iMessage?

01-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Here's the example of how Chess/Checkers would look: http://cultofmac.cultofmaccom.netdna...2/10/emoji.jpg

Takes longer to set up, but once the emojis enter into the "recently used" tab it shouldn't be too bad. I'd still prefer a board game genius of some description to come up with a new game though. There must be some around here considering the great games we see on the app store, but I guess most want to concentrate on putting ideas into something that'll earn them money.
01-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Here's the example of how Chess/Checkers would look: http://cultofmac.cultofmaccom.netdna...2/10/emoji.jpg

Takes longer to set up, but once the emojis enter into the "recently used" tab it shouldn't be too bad. I'd still prefer a board game genius of some description to come up with a new game though. There must be some around here considering the great games we see on the app store, but I guess most want to concentrate on putting ideas into something that'll earn them money.
Holy smokes, that's awesome. You could also play 'Go' or 'GoMoku' pretty easily with this setup as well.

Now you got the game designer balls in my head rolling... Let me stew on it and get back to ya. I'll see what I can come up with! We can test and improve it on the forums.

Ember Conflict name: Porthos

01-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravadoWaffle View Post
Holy smokes, that's awesome. You could also play 'Go' or 'GoMoku' pretty easily with this setup as well.

Now you got the game designer balls in my head rolling... Let me stew on it and get back to ya. I'll see what I can come up with! We can test and improve it on the forums.
Neat! Looking forward to it
01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
You could also play a simple word game similar to Chain Reaction. One person types a phrase and the next person uses the last word to start a new phrase.

Example:
Player1: House fly
Player2: Fly away
Player1: Away game
Player2: Game over

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Whoa, the thought of playing games over iMessage never even crossed my mind! Gotta try this one sometime.
01-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
You could also play a simple word game similar to Chain Reaction. One person types a phrase and the next person uses the last word to start a new phrase.

Example:
Player1: House fly
Player2: Fly away
Player1: Away game
Player2: Game over
What's away game?
Game boy
Boy toy
Toy box
Box cutter
Cutter..emo?

It is quite run/additive, but it's hard to regulate, any two words could be link worthy.
01-25-2013, 11:22 AM
that's a pretty cool idea. i would like to see a decent game played over iMessage.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
01-26-2013, 03:40 AM
Speaking of iMessage, someone should start a true test user group here for people who want to be able to chat while playing. Especially in helping get games started. I never know who's playing what when. It would make setting up (and progressing through) asynchronous games like Ascension or a 4X game a lot easier