★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Code signing issue

07-02-2009, 05:18 AM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,770
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Code signing issue

Hey guys,
So when I try to upload my app, application loader gives me this error message

"Application failed codesign verification. Please see the console log for additional details"

Anyone know what to do or how to codesign?
07-02-2009, 05:49 AM
#2
Joined: May 2009
Location: La Coruña, Spain
Posts: 191
After building, in the Xcode menu go to ...

Build -> Build Results and see there what happened

Regards,

Pablo
Scoreloop ID: coolman

My game: GeoRain in the AppStore, July 1st - 0.99$

07-02-2009, 05:58 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,770
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
After building, in the Xcode menu go to ...

Build -> Build Results and see there what happened
It just says build succeeded.
07-02-2009, 07:08 AM
#4
Joined: May 2009
Location: La Coruña, Spain
Posts: 191
A successfull biuld doens't mean a successfull sign.

You must read all the log there.

Also go to iPhone Program Portal and download the guide for submitting, there it explains what to check in this log.

Regards,

Pablo
Scoreloop ID: coolman

My game: GeoRain in the AppStore, July 1st - 0.99$
07-02-2009, 07:18 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,770
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
A successfull biuld doens't mean a successfull sign.

You must read all the log there.

Also go to iPhone Program Portal and download the guide for submitting, there it explains what to check in this log.
But it only shows a tick sign and says build successful. When I try to submit the app, they give me that code signing error posted above. How did you code sign your apps?
07-02-2009, 07:41 AM
#6
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Munich
Posts: 384
Send a message via Skype™ to rdklein
did you generate the distribution provisioning profile already, you need to set code signing for the distribution version to this profile instead of the developer profile. But when you got to the developer protal all is explained with diagramms step by step.

RadioactivityCounter on App Store developer of this App RadioactivityCounter 2012
Ports of Call on App Store developer of this game 1986-2009,
07-02-2009, 08:20 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,770
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post
did you generate the distribution provisioning profile already, you need to set code signing for the distribution version to this profile instead of the developer profile. But when you got to the developer protal all is explained with diagramms step by step.
It's generated at the Apple site right? Hmm...I didn't. I'll try it now. Thanks.

It worked. Thanks!

Last edited by kohjingyu; 07-02-2009 at 09:10 AM.
07-02-2009, 09:31 AM
#8
Joined: May 2009
Location: La Coruña, Spain
Posts: 191
That info is where I said you previously (iPhone Developer Portal), there explains how to look in the log for codesigning problems.

Good you solved.

Regards,

Pablo
Scoreloop ID: coolman

My game: GeoRain in the AppStore, July 1st - 0.99$
07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,770
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
That info is where I said you previously (iPhone Developer Portal), there explains how to look in the log for codesigning problems.

Good you solved.
Haha, thanks! I didn't know you had to use a distributing profile.