App description: A puzzle horror stealth-em-up game created by Alan Hazelden and Jonathan Whiting.

This is a completely free game, with no ads or in-app purchases.

Draknek's comments:
Hi, I just released Traal, a puzzle horror stealth-em-up game.

It's a completely free game, with no ads or in-app purchases.

I hope you enjoy!

01-21-2013, 04:27 AM
Another nice surprise in the Store! Downloading now!
01-21-2013, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Downloaded, played, played, played and kept playing until my battery depleted... very nice game here. Nice visuals, music, controls (I think they are spot on for this game) and gameplay. Hoping to see whats next from this developers... what an entry to iOS.

They already had an app "These robotic hearts of mine".

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

01-21-2013, 06:35 AM
This was definitely fun. Great little puzzler, with tons of atmosphere.

I'm having a little problem with the suspension of disbelief though. Why is this guy in this place? A little intro, even just pictorial to stay with the mood would help.

I love the fear mechanic, but why are the monsters ignoring him (with a few exceptions)? If he only gets scared when his flashlight picks up a monster, then why not just turn off the flashlight?

I get that it's extremely abstract, and more of a puzzle than a story, but I feel so much potential or something epic.
01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiufoxx View Post
If I may ask.. Why/How did you decide to release this one for free?
A combination of factors. It's not very long and we don't want the hassle of having to convince people to try it. Also as an experiment to see if releasing a free game would drive more players towards These Robotic Hearts of Mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Figured out the code!!

All I can say is... We were warned.
Ha, nice! Pretty sure you're the first person to go to the effort...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinkloecker View Post
That was fun! Found all 11 scrolls in 3 rounds for a continous time of 49:19. I hit continue after finishing but was disappointed when things weren't... different. Way to leave me wanting more!
My bad! After you collect all the scrolls, the continue button probably shouldn't show up... Sorry, I'll fix that in an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webman2k View Post
I'm having a little problem with the suspension of disbelief though. Why is this guy in this place? A little intro, even just pictorial to stay with the mood would help.
Personally I kinda like the lack of context. You can decide your own answers to these questions...

But I appreciate the general "I want this to be bigger" message. That's not this game, but maybe something in the future.
01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webman2k View Post
Because no reason, it's a game.
01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Interesting, but frustrating. There's very little room for error in the later rooms, and I think you should experiment with a proper d-pad. Anyways, thanks for the game, I liked it (although I gave up in the room with a dozen monsters guarding the manscript).
Good luck with your future releases!

ALL-TIME TOP TEN: 1 Magic 2013 - 2 Cut The Rope - 3 Infinity Blade - 4 Soosiz - 5 FIFA 13 - 6 Anomaly Warzone Earth - 7 Plants vs Zombies - 8 Death Rally - 9 Space Miner - 10 Momonga
PLAYING: The World Ends With You, Gemini Rue, Jacob Jones, Football Manager 2013
01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Well, I for one hope your experiment works... It may just work on me how long did it take you to put this game together? I'm quite impressed with the level of polish throuout...
01-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I've been looking for a game like this for a long time, really good job but I also wish it was longer

Anyone know of any games like this one?
01-22-2013, 05:04 AM
Here are the first 6 scrolls...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0050.jpg (174.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0051.jpg (206.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0052.jpg (172.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0053.jpg (177.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0054.jpg (185.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0055.jpg (254.9 KB, 0 views)

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
01-22-2013, 05:05 AM
And here are the other 5.

I can post (spoilered) solutions, but I'd much rather post hints for anyone curious...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0056.jpg (259.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0057.jpg (203.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0058.jpg (187.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0059.jpg (231.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0060.jpg (224.7 KB, 1 views)

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.