★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Antwar Saloon

01-21-2013, 02:18 AM
The Antwar Saloon

Felix is not in, but you are welcome to hang out in his bar.

Created because we folks from the Star Warfare thread wanted a place to hang out and chat. Other people are of course welcome, so feel free to drop in!

And if you do not get the reference, this is a good opportunity for me to recommend two books, both from John Steakley: "Armor" , and "Vampire$" (which was made into a good movie, too).
01-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Well, it's nice to have a true lounge thread, at least.

01-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
And if you do not get the reference, this is a good opportunity for me to recommend two books, both from John Steakley: "Armor" , and "Vampire$" (which was made into a good movie, too).
"Vampire$"? This $ sign thing is getting a little out of hand, what with Ke$ha and all too =.="

Hey all, great to have a thread where we can chat AND not be accused of going offtopic
01-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
"Vampire$"? This $ sign thing is getting a little out of hand, what with Ke$ha and all too =.="
Had to look up who/what Ke$ha is, guess I am getting old
Anyways, Vampire$ quite predates her. The book is almost as old as she, and I am quite sure she wasn't "published" with that name

And in the book it at least makes sense: "Vampire$, Inc." are vampire hunters for hire.
01-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Hello, just dropping in to say that I will be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe
(Speaking of which, the world has already ended in Australia, and it sure doesn't seem any different >_____>)
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Hello.
01-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Epoch?

I just saw in the Epoch. thread that some of us are still playing it.
DBC, Capricornman; and Exact-Psience seems to be the master of robot combat
I dug it out again myself, busy going through Ultra mode and the Arena.
01-22-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
I just saw in the Epoch. thread that some of us are still playing it.
DBC, Capricornman; and Exact-Psience seems to be the master of robot combat
I dug it out again myself, busy going through Ultra mode and the Arena.
You've just reminded me to start trying to play that properly, thanks
01-23-2013, 05:12 AM
iPad2 Wifi connection problems on iOS 6.1

Question for everybody:
Since I upgraded my iPad2's iOS to 6.1, I have massive problems with Wifi connectivity.
E.g. our Macbook has perfect Wifi connection in our bedroom, while my iPad2 doesn't get any. Before the iOS upgrade, I still had a connection.
Sometimes it is so bad that I have to stand directly next to the router to get a connection.
My girlfriend's iPhone5 has the same problems, also on iOS 6.1 .
Her old iPhone4 wasn't on 6.1 , and had less problems with the Wifi connection.

Does anyone have similar issues? Any suggestions for resolving it?
01-23-2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Question for everybody:
Since I upgraded my iPad2's iOS to 6.1, I have massive problems with Wifi connectivity.
E.g. our Macbook has perfect Wifi connection in our bedroom, while my iPad2 doesn't get any. Before the iOS upgrade, I still had a connection.
Sometimes it is so bad that I have to stand directly next to the router to get a connection.
My girlfriend's iPhone5 has the same problems, also on iOS 6.1 .
Her old iPhone4 wasn't on 6.1 , and had less problems with the Wifi connection.

Does anyone have similar issues? Any suggestions for resolving it?
Not sure if it's a similar issue, but I've had instances where my iPad 3 is indicating that it's connected to 3G, but it's actually connected to the wifi (I can tell because I'm right next to the modem, and I can see the flashing lights indicating that the modem is responding).

I can't say I know what's going on, I'm afraid, other than the fact that there's something seriously odd about the iOS wifi connectivity...