Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-04-2014, 08:22 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default Console help.

Hey, so I need some help on gaming consoles. I'm planning on buying a PS4 next week and already have a Wii U. I chose the PS4 because it has the most appealing exclusives to me and has a better future in my opinion (Project Morpheus, etc). But now I see the Xbox one is just $349 with assasins creed black flag and unity. The Xbox exclusives that are appealing to me are forza and halo, but the main reason I'd be getting one is so that I'd have all 3 consoles and never miss an exclusive. So what I'm asking here is, should I get an Xbox one even if I have a Wii U and PS4?
Old 11-04-2014, 11:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'm starting to think this: I'll get PS4, then if any must-have Xbox exclusives come out I'll just go buy that as well. What do you think?
Old 11-05-2014, 01:12 AM

A lot of MS third party exclusives are timed, although the 2 exclusives you mentioned will stay being platform specific. Having to pay for services is another consideration. Having both would be most ideal but depends on how much you're willing to spend in money and time.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks! What current exclusives will eventually be on other consoles?
Old 11-05-2014, 01:38 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
Hey, so I need some help on gaming consoles. I'm planning on buying a PS4 next week and already have a Wii U. I chose the PS4 because it has the most appealing exclusives to me and has a better future in my opinion (Project Morpheus, etc). But now I see the Xbox one is just $349 with assasins creed black flag and unity. The Xbox exclusives that are appealing to me are forza and halo, but the main reason I'd be getting one is so that I'd have all 3 consoles and never miss an exclusive. So what I'm asking here is, should I get an Xbox one even if I have a Wii U and PS4?
This is what I did. I only have 3 XB One games, I purchase all the multiplats on PS4 and only exclusives on both the One and the Wii U. its good but right now I must say the One has been mostly collecting dust after I finished Ryse.

Its nice to have all 3 consoles but to be honest you would not be missing that much if you wait a year or so to get the One, that way it would have a lot more exclusives and the purchase would be more attractive.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:26 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
This is what I did. I only have 3 XB One games, I purchase all the multiplats on PS4 and only exclusives on both the One and the Wii U. its good but right now I must say the One has been mostly collecting dust after I finished Ryse.

Its nice to have all 3 consoles but to be honest you would not be missing that much if you wait a year or so to get the One, that way it would have a lot more exclusives and the purchase would be more attractive.
ok. i think that's exactly what i'll do. thanks for the help!

Last edited by one.sixty.four; 11-05-2014 at 10:20 PM..
Old 11-05-2014, 08:24 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I wouldn't touch an xbox one even if they were $10 each!
I love my xbox 360 but all the anti-consumer BS that Microsoft tried to pull at E3 just put me off their hardware forever, that coupled with the fact I hate the kinect, was the reason I bought a PS4 and I'm very happy with it. I still use my 360 too but I'll never buy an XB1 regardless of what games it has.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:48 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

What kind of anti consumer stuff did they show?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
What kind of anti consumer stuff did they show?
Well they originally want to stop you buying used games or lending games to a friend and they wanted the console to 'check in' with Microsoft every 24hrs otherwise it would stop playing games and more and more.

Yes they reversed their decision on 5-6 things but only due to massive feedback from people but they showed what they really wanted to do and that was it for me.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:54 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Well they originally want to stop you buying used games or lending games to a friend and they wanted the console to 'check in' with Microsoft every 24hrs otherwise it would stop playing games and more and more.

Yes they reversed their decision on 5-6 things but only due to massive feedback from people but they showed what they really wanted to do and that was it for me.
In fact they reversed all that abominations because the XBONE hardly got preorders after the E3.