Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Axis - [by The App Developers](iPhone)

Last edited by Bronxsta; 12-22-2013 at 04:03 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 12:35 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

My top score is a whopping 8 lol.
Pasted from other thread.

I've just played through the tutorial so will leave so e quick thoughts.

You start with two parallel white lines which you rotate using a slider, pixels will come at you from all directions which you have allow to pass through your parallel lines by rotating them, power up pixels also come at you, you are given a little clue as to which direction the the pixel will come by a little arrow indicator, which is useful as the pixels are fast.

I played the first half of the tutorial thinking it was easy, then a second paddle gets introduced and it really cranks up, some pixels only need to pass through one paddle while others need to go through both, and you need to be continuously looking for to see where the next one will come come from and line up the paddle ready.

It's very twitchy and reflexive and difficult, the music adds tension also, it has a duet feeling to it.

It is difficult, and I like it, but I think if an easier mode were added it might encourage more people to stick at, I died a lot just on the tutorial. Is there gamecentre? That's a must for these types of games.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Frustrating only scored 4... deleted.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Finally got this working (error on my part, not anything with the game)

The game is very very challlenging. You rotate two pairs of lines by sliding your thumbs. Pixels come flying in from different angles and it's up to you to rotate the lines and let the pixels pass through. Blue pixels provide power ups, but those have to hit your lines to activate

Sounds simple, but soon it becomes the game version of rub your belly-touch your head, turned up to 11. Managing both sides simultaneously is a tough challenge, but in a good way)
Old 12-21-2013, 01:27 PM

Thanks guys.

So plan is for early Jan:

- Improve the indicator alert so you don't cover with thumbs
- Ipad Version ( 90% now )
- Android Version ( 90% now )

- We will also add a few different modes to the game Easy, Medium, Hardcore

We are going to integrate GC and introduce achievements for things like: Missed Bonus, Speed Up Survival, Close Shave.... ( you get the point )

I am really grateful for all the feedback and appreciate your time.

Regards,

Ben
Old 12-21-2013, 01:34 PM
iPad mini

My only complaints so far are lack of native iPad support and lack of GC, but it looks like those are in the works
Old 12-21-2013, 01:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Just got to 10 on my first go, I can see myself really enjoying this! As others have said, I'll really appreciate a Universal build.

Has already earnt its place in my De-Stress folder. So satisfying nailing two pixels at once or one that goes through both axises. I'm sure 10 is a particularly poor effort but I'm proud of my little self!

Thank you very much Cloudpuff for your kindness!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:49 PM

I make sure they are in the next build
Old 12-21-2013, 01:52 PM

10 for first go is good PeteOzzy ! 7 is a killer for me every time and after you have mastered a few levels your find number '37' IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.

Ben
Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by appdevs View Post
10 for first go is good PeteOzzy ! 7 is a killer for me every time and after you have mastered a few levels your find number '37' IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.

Ben
I've had about ten more goes and I think I had a bit of beginner's luck haha! Managed to hit 10 twice more but never beat it, 37 is definitely a pipe dream for me!

Man, I don't know what it is but I love rock hard games that are over in a few seconds. Will there be any change in the pattern of the shots in the other modes/difficulties? My only hope of passing a score of 10 is memorising the patterns and even then, the skill involved will still be an issue but that's not to say some randomisation wouldn't go amiss. Having to beat a high score of 3 would be fantastically frustrating if you had to rely on pure reactions!