★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
#61
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
The first 7 jade should go into an animal, I suggest either Diochan or Zhang Jue, both work fine against larger mobs and bosses.
I just did a battle and got two jade, so earning them is easy.
The drop rate seems higher when you perform good Ex attacks or very large combos, btw.

I have the pet menu option but I was given the horse & bronze eagle. I haven't seen anywhere I could buy different pets with jade. I'm only at stage 10, so maybe that's further along?

And is it really worth it to go back and do the extra battles? The return has been so low! Same with bonus battles; I'm hoping they get better as you progress.
01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
#62
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
The word is slain </grammar Nazi>

The cynic in me suspects another freemium cash cow, but I think I might still give this a try.
ty for pointing out the grammar - SLAY or be SLAIN!
shows how much i skipped grammar classes

01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
#63
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmind View Post
I have the pet menu option but I was given the horse & bronze eagle. I haven't seen anywhere I could buy different pets with jade. I'm only at stage 10, so maybe that's further along?

And is it really worth it to go back and do the extra battles? The return has been so low! Same with bonus battles; I'm hoping they get better as you progress.

I was pointing at the legendary animals.
You can find them in the skill menu.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-22-2013, 10:57 PM
#64
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I was pointing at the legendary animals.
You can find them in the skill menu.
LOL that's crazy- I never noticed that before!!! Thanks, I guess I just assumed it was higher skills. Lesson learned: always scroll to the end!
01-23-2013, 06:46 AM
#65
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 105
I love this game! It hits all the right notes for me. The more I think about it, this game plays like an evolved Samurai II (by Mad finger), with more streamlined controls and more diverse attacks. This game will remain on my phone and iPad 3 for a long time.

My only issue is that I'm having trouble timing the EX attacks. Would it be possible to add a more instructive tutorial that literally walks you through an EX move? As of now I only pull off maybe 1 out of 15 EX move attempts because my timing sucks.
01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
#66
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex View Post

My only issue is that I'm having trouble timing the EX attacks. Would it be possible to add a more instructive tutorial that literally walks you through an EX move? As of now I only pull off maybe 1 out of 15 EX move attempts because my timing sucks.
Yeah, if anyone with ex tips and tricks could chime in, that would be great.
01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
#67
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithel View Post
Yeah, if anyone with ex tips and tricks could chime in, that would be great.
EX? Is this a skill? Or something to do with the circles that appear during combat? So many secrets lol
01-23-2013, 07:10 PM
#68
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmind View Post
EX? Is this a skill? Or something to do with the circles that appear during combat? So many secrets lol
It's all about timing. When the circle appears and shrinks to about the size of the hero, that's when you need to react. Good Luck with the Ex Skills.
01-25-2013, 02:58 AM
#69
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Monster Hunter Island
Posts: 4,262
First off, the game itself is great. I love nearly everything about it. The IAP seems okay.. not too bad until maybe way later but it's free so I guess I can see where this is going.

I played a lot and was about to throw in money until I realized I needed constant internet connection. Now I don't know if I should keep this game or delete it. I really liked it but all of Gamevil's new games I ended up deleting because of this same annoyance.. ugh.
01-25-2013, 03:49 AM
#70
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Pokke Village, Indonesia
Posts: 1,222
same sentiment as me!!!
deleted this game because of that

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Waiting For: Digimon Re: Digitize Fan Translation
Officially moved to android