★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Quantum Collapse - Update 1.2

07-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Quantum Collapse - Update 1.2

Hey everyone,

I know Update 1.1 hasn't even been approved by Apple but i've began working on update 1.2 Here's what will change:

* Fixed fog of war glitches (completed)
* Fixed Graphical glitches on particle systems on the 3GS (completed)
* MULTIPLAYER!! (Netcode finished and its AWESOME!!!!!)

Also i'll try to improve the readability of the text in the game. And possibly i'll make all airplane shadows super high quality (like the first airplane on level 1) for the 3GS ONLY.

Also 3GS users are DISCOURAGED from buying Quantum Collapse until 1.2 goes live since every time a particle is on screen there's an annoying flash of light bug on the left side of the screen.

Last edited by JavierDavalos; 07-07-2009 at 08:10 PM.
07-02-2009, 09:04 AM
dam i read multiplayer.......please dont tell me that its local......... But hey love that your getting updates really fast.

07-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Well good stuff you are putting in multiplayer in patch 1.2. So in 1.3 can we just see a really really nice UI. Your current one is ok, its just a bit rough round the edges and could do with sprucing up. Good to ee your still working on it though and keep trying to improve and add features. Keep it up.
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
multiplayer sounds awesome
07-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the Text fixes. They can't come to soon...

Last edited by majormauser; 07-02-2009 at 10:38 AM.
07-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Awesome

But Can you plz also change the icons name so it says Quantum instead of Quan...lapse

and make the ground units and gatherers move faster please. Also increasing the games responsiveness to touch would be awesome. Maybe add a fast forward button to the game
07-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm qouting hobbes here but that's bc I completely 100 percent agree w this feedback.

1) Up the speed in general. All the units are relatively too slow. It's not fun sitting around waiting for ur units to get somewhere. The airborne units move quick enough, but maybe a slight nudge in speed would be nice, but the ground units (and especially the gatherers) need a big boost.

2) AI pathing. I was having some trouble getting my gatherers around buildings when i needed to construct extra generators or air factories. Sometime i had to litterally direct them all the way around myself to get where they should be going and it was very time consuming.

3) Dead unit bodies should disappear after a while, just to have less clutter. Also i lost my atlas a couple of times because his color matches the alien blood.

6) adjust distances which you can place buildings from each other, especially the hq which seems to require a lot of room.

By far the most impOrtant and needed change is that the unit speed for ground units and gatherers is increased

Last edited by wikoogle; 07-02-2009 at 11:31 AM.
07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Nevermind about the game not responding to finger presses. That was completely due to my thick screen protector. Went away once I took it off.

The unit speed stilll needs to go up though IMO.
07-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikoogle View Post
I'm qouting hobbes here but that's bc I completely 100 percent agree w this feedback.

1) Up the speed in general. All the units are relatively too slow. It's not fun sitting around waiting for ur units to get somewhere. The airborne units move quick enough, but maybe a slight nudge in speed would be nice, but the ground units (and especially the gatherers) need a big boost.

2) AI pathing. I was having some trouble getting my gatherers around buildings when i needed to construct extra generators or air factories. Sometime i had to litterally direct them all the way around myself to get where they should be going and it was very time consuming.

3) Dead unit bodies should disappear after a while, just to have less clutter. Also i lost my atlas a couple of times because his color matches the alien blood

4)Make the game more responsive to touches. It sometimes takes multiple presses to get the game to recognize my finger press. Is that a performance issue. If so maybe i'm building too many units but it seems that every bullet shot in the game is shown as a sprite (a rocket, a flare, a star-nova like thing). I think having all those bullet-sprites flying around is going to largely decrease the performance of the game. I don't know how could improve the performance without removing some bullet sprites, but i'm not coding expert. I hope you understand what i mean. It's a tough thing to explain in just plain text..maybe i'll upload an image later.

5) Make the bullet swallowing black hole available to the player in skirmish mode That thing was too cool to not be able to use it.

6) adjust distances which you can place buildings from each other, especially the hq which seems to require a lot of room.

By far the most impOrtant and needed change is that the unit speed for ground units and gatherers is increased
I'm very happy you are working on multiplayer, this alone will push sales I'm sure. However, I do agree, please take into account the above, I also agree 100%. Having played Starcraft untill this day competitively, I consider the above points (especialy the game speed, please give a toggle to make it go slow - normal - fast - faster) essential to not updating but fixing this game. Especially points 1, 2 and 6 (6 is very annoying, you can't make a nicely looking base at all, you can't place buildings in a way that improves your gatherers route etc.. creating efficient paths, which is all essential!). An RTS where you can not properly lay out your base, seems pretty strange and incomplete to me.

ANd last but not least, I'm beggin you, please change the maps. First of all, it's useless to make them '3D' because it looks crazy how the characters jump over those mountains or float on the sides of them. Just make a flat map la Fieldrunners which looks good and is not causing any 3D stress for the iDevice. This goodlooking flat 2D map will look good top down anyhow (is pointless to make it 3D imo) and will probably help overall performance anyhow. I am no marketing expert, but I can almost assure you that the bad looking maps are one of the reasons why people looking at the screenshots do not buy the game. Just look at the Starcraft maps, they are 2D yet they still look freaking good to me.

I know this is a lot, but I honestly believe this is all essential to an RTS game's success.
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceneshifter View Post
I'm very happy you are working on multiplayer, this alone will push sales I'm sure. However, I do agree, please take into account the above, I also agree 100%. Having played Starcraft untill this day competitively, I consider the above points (especialy the game speed, please give a toggle to make it go slow - normal - fast - faster) essential to not updating but fixing this game. Especially points 1, 2 and 6 (6 is very annoying, you can't make a nicely looking base at all, you can't place buildings in a way that improves your gatherers route etc.. creating efficient paths, which is all essential!). An RTS where you can not properly lay out your base, seems pretty strange and incomplete to me.

ANd last but not least, I'm beggin you, please change the maps. First of all, it's useless to make them '3D' because it looks crazy how the characters jump over those mountains or float on the sides of them. Just make a flat map la Fieldrunners which looks good and is not causing any 3D stress for the iDevice. This goodlooking flat 2D map will look good top down anyhow (is pointless to make it 3D imo) and will probably help overall performance anyhow. I am no marketing expert, but I can almost assure you that the bad looking maps are one of the reasons why people looking at the screenshots do not buy the game. Just look at the Starcraft maps, they are 2D yet they still look freaking good to me.

I know this is a lot, but I honestly believe this is all essential to an RTS game's success.
i agree 100 percent with this guy, especially with the maps, its really unapealing when your units are hopping up a mountain like bunnies only to walk right off the other side like its just flat terrain, stick with the flat 2d map it shouldn't be too hard to implement and it works well.

Top 3 games: Real racing, F.A.S.T, Caster

Check out daily game reviews here>>>>>here<<<<<<<