★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
How bad is iap?
Just reading off the Chinese iTunes, not sure what else is in there but the word 'small' makes me feel there is more. It wouldn't be hard for me to set up a chinese itunes account cause my wife is chinese. If it doesn't come out this week or so I may go for it.

Oh, and download file size is 45 mb. I think that about covers it. Hurry up and wait now.

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
01-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Is there any reason why this wouldn't hit the US App Store?

01-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
I wonder why it released in China first, but cool, hope the game is good. Not made by dotemu right?
01-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
Punchbox Studio has very many games in the Chinese market and yet only five in the US store. It may not have an interest in foreign markets. But then again a lot of Konami's games are, but not all. The only thing that confuses me is why did Konami allow them to release it instead of releasing it themselves. My "conspiracy theory" senses are tingling.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
01-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Please be good. Please come to us store. PLEASEEEE
01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Also on HK Apps Store

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
01-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
12/18 Chinese Yuan if I am not mistaken, roughly 1.99/2.99?
According to HK Store price:

Contra Revolution (iPhone) is about US$1.99

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
01-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
What if its not "great" not as bad as the metal slug clone but not as good as the actual contra for nes and snes? I know its by konami but still does seem fishy
In my opinion, most of these type of ports fall into that class, the XMen arcade game, Atari, Activision, etc. I really don't expect this to be any different. It won't suck but it won't be stellar either.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
01-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I'd rather have Shattered Soldier.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I wonder why it released in China first, but cool, hope the game is good. Not made by dotemu right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Punchbox Studio has very many games in the Chinese market and yet only five in the US store. It may not have an interest in foreign markets. But then again a lot of Konami's games are, but not all. The only thing that confuses me is why did Konami allow them to release it instead of releasing it themselves. My "conspiracy theory" senses are tingling.
Its probably because Konami is testing the water. Many publishers does this too and they usually release a game in Canada or NZ first to gauge the interest (and fixing up the bugs and polishing up the release), before publishing it to the rest of the world.