Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsToTheWall View Post
Its probably because Konami is testing the water. Many publishers does this too and they usually release a game in Canada or NZ first to gauge the interest (and fixing up the bugs and polishing up the release), before publishing it to the rest of the world.
I sure hope its like that I meen... Its Contra and there should be no reason to not come out world wide, right?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM

I tried the HD version for iPad, the control is not that good, less than responsive at the downward directions.

It is a hard game, that is for sure.

There is the original arcade mode and mission mode. The latter breaks down each stage and there is a set of targets (points, time, number of deaths) for you to beat.

There is IAP to buy "diamonds" for continue. So much after 30-minute of play.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Good graphics, arranged soundtrack. But terrible gameplay. NES version is better.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsToTheWall View Post
Its probably because Konami is testing the water. Many publishers does this too and they usually release a game in Canada or NZ first to gauge the interest (and fixing up the bugs and polishing up the release), before publishing it to the rest of the world.
Publishing in China, the worlds largest population also known for the largest amount of piracy makes no sense according to your theory though. There is a reason why Canada and New Zealand are the go to locations for such soft launches. But we can all hope that my skepticism is wrong. Either way, I will have a wait and see approach even if this does hit my (U.S.) store eventually. The fact that it is a Chinese developer makes me weary enough. No offense meant to their software development industry, but my experience has been disappointing with their apps, especially when it comes to major title releases like this. My last big burn was the Justice League game which was phenomenally lackluster in every respect... I'll wait and watch before I plunge in.

Besides, I've wasted more quarters and worn out more controllers than I can remember, so while I love the game, I don't know if I can still be "in love" with it after twenty five or so years of playing it since its first release... But then again being an old fogey I am an oddity in the sense that I have never been one for nostalgia purely for nostalgia's sake! Here's hoping that it does release and that it is actually competent and good!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
I tried the HD version for iPad, the control is not that good, less than responsive at the downward directions.

It is a hard game, that is for sure.

There is the original arcade mode and mission mode. The latter breaks down each stage and there is a set of targets (points, time, number of deaths) for you to beat.

There is IAP to buy "diamonds" for continue. So much after 30-minute of play.
I remember beating the game in 30 minutes of play on a regular basis! Do the controls feel intentionally hampered or just due to improper testing? What I mean is, do the inputs seem intentionally and consistently "lagging" or is it an issue of control spottiness where inputs sometimes don't register and such? Does it present both traits? This is somewhat a way to tell when a developer has done so to nudge the IAP model by tipping the control scale. Most developers will deny it, but in this day and age of pushing the IAP currency model, it happens more often than not.

Also, is it safe to say this s the arcade version of Contra?

Last edited by Bool Zero; 01-22-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

playing right now,the game is very good and yes contain english lang.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

^Thanks for the videos

Think this looks really good, first level seems just like the original but with updated graphics. Controls seem okay.

Just wish i could buy it in the UK
Old 01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Meh, the Contra I knew stuck to simple badassery... Running, jumping, shooting, and spread-shot guns; not leveling up, buying "gold", and paying "diamonds" to continue.

Guess I'll be sticking to Operation C & Contra 4 for my portable Contra fix.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Graphics look much better than I remember them from the past, so guess this isn't just a simple port. So that is cool, hope it plays well.