★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Top games you sneak to play at work?

07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Top games you sneak to play at work?

Hey TA,

So if you are like me, and you have a cubicle desk job consisting of you doing data-entry, writing, computer work, etc., and you also happen to be a terrible employee, I ask this of you TA:

What are your favourite games to play when you have a quick second here and there to game a bit? Or if you have downtime and you are supposed to "look like you're working" but you are kind of... well not?

Let me first start off by saying I don't do this all the time lol I am not that bad of an employee. However, I work as a Data-Entry Operator for the central office of the Head Start programs (Pre-School program) here in Central Arizona and during the summer, there is no school a.k.a. not much for me to do around here. So a lot of us get away with certain things. At times I can get away with playing games like Azkend, Defender Chronicles, Flight Control, iFighter, Moonlights, Orions, Puzzle Quest (untill 3.0), that Police Training game, Sentinel, Smiley Puzzle, Star Defence, Touchgrind, and Uniwar. Ones that I can lay flat on my desk, and look down at, and don't require a whole lot of movement while I am also looking at the Compy screen.

So my question is, do you guys do this? And what games have YOU found to be the most fun and easiest to get away with in this sense?

Discuss!

-Booch138

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.

Last edited by Booch138; 07-02-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
07-02-2009, 11:25 AM
I find it easy to sneak in 9 holes of Let's Golf during some bathroom breaks

07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madscotsman View Post
I find it easy to sneak in 9 holes of Let's Golf during some bathroom breaks
Yeah Bathroom breaks I play everything else hahahah free reign when pooping.

Quote:
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Win.
07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
peggle is quick and easy
07-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Hmmm peggle and Let's Golf! would make fine additions to my arsenal... Good suggestions fo sho

Quote:

Win.
07-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I'll openly play Daily Sudoku Free or Puzzle Maniak while waiting for meetings, sometimes Flight Control.

During bathroom breaks, but I'm usually playing Isotope.
07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I'll openly play Daily Sudoku Free or Puzzle Maniak while waiting for meetings, sometimes Flight Control.
Yeah before meetings I'll throw in a game of like Galcon or something while I am waiting. Something that is real quick, yet satisfactory to play and won't matter if you have to suddenly stop playing lol

Quote:

Win.
07-02-2009, 12:07 PM
oh, another one that you may not have heard of is pathways. hardest puzzle game ive ever played but its great in small amounts, just like what were talking about here.
07-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Pathways does look pretty cool. If you suggest it I'll have to give it a try. I love puzzle games and stuff so yeah, especially challenging ones. I like all kinds of games, but yeah I find that Turn-Based or TD games are usually easy to play at work. Everyone around here is fairly trusting, I don't have quite a nazi-like environment, so i am usually left alone for long periods of time when it isn't so busy. I can hear someone coming down the hall if they needed to talk to me though, so I just sleep my iPod or pause the game and put my hand over it (half the people I work with are older, so they probably don't even know what a iPod touch is, let alone what they can do but my boss, whom is the IT director and his assistant director are cool dudes. My assistant supervisor jailbroke his iPod and is always showing me cool sh!t he can do on it lol

Quote:

Win.
07-02-2009, 12:17 PM
...and this is absolutely why apps must respect your phone's physical mute button...I've had a number of apps that will still play sounds even with the phone muted...very bad

I agree on the TD's, any of them that let you save current progress in game and come back to it when you can...especially on an endurance run.