Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-14-2014, 09:34 AM

Default Tap & Blast - (by Raptus Games) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 65.6 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :

Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Prepare to have a Blast with our new game Tap & Blast from the duo at Raptus Games.

Help Red the Imp keep the party going by eating chilies and filling the night sky with fireworks. Don't let the sun catch you and put an end to your celebration!

Explode through over 60 levels of ever increasing challenge! Unlock new worlds, tricks, abilities and powerups!
Recruit different characters to help you spread the celebration.

Tap & Blast is a fast paced action game with some ... puzzle / platforming / rpg ... elements. Runs on iOS devices over iPhone 4 (but iPhone 4s is HIGHLY recommended)
iPhone Screenshots

Old 01-14-2014, 09:39 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Impressions from the upcoming thread
---
- Game runs smoothly on my iPhone 4. Surprising, since the trailer seemed pretty graphically intensive

- 121 MB installed

- Gameplay is a lot of fun and varied. Essentially you fly from barrel to barrel, tapping to fire yourself. Seems simple at first, but soon reveals to be more complex. Moving cannons require timing, rotating cannons allow you to fire in different directions and take different routes. There are manually aimed cannons (think Angry Birds) for precise evasion, hazards and enemies to avoid, special collectables to find. Mid-air you can swipe to perform tricks for extra points

It's just a lot of fun and surprisingly more challenging than I first anticipated, despite a more casual apperance.

- There are also upgrades to equip. There is IAP to buy different character skins, unlock all levels, and buy currency. It all seems unnecessary for the gamer who actually wants to play through the game, so nothing to worry about. The character skins do have different attributes and bonuses, but according to the dev, the main guy has a big advantage (points for faster times) so you don't need to and are not forced to use other characters

- Charming art style and slick menu design

- As for unlocking level packs, the game is very well balanced in that aspect, at least from what I've played. The second level pack costs 500 Chili points to unlock. I'm only on the third level of the first pack (out of ten levels) and already have 465 points. Game seems very generous in terms of earning points.

And then I beat level 4, had 1126 points. This is another free game done right. By not dying, and chaining jumps between barrels for faster times, you earn more points. So you're rewarded for playing better

- The cartoony art style really fits and stands out and the gameplay is almost puzzle like in finding the best path

Last edited by Bronxsta; 01-14-2014 at 10:17 AM..
Old 01-14-2014, 10:09 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

^^ Bronxta's pretty much nailed it.

Got a pre-release code to try it myself. Gameplay reminds me of some platformers that have incorporated cannons (moving, turning,
etc.) like Ms. Splosion Man. But the take on it gets more involved with each level with new obstacles that require precision timing.

Pretty fun game that is certainly worth giving a try for free and,
as Bronxta mentioned, it's very generous in content and IAPs aren't required.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Reminds me a lot of the barrel sections from the Donkey Kong Country series. Not that that is a bad thing, this game looks pretty fun.

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Did this get pulled?

I am trying to download it with my NZ account, and I can't find it in the App Store. Not even if I use the direct link. No search results for Tap & Blast or Raptus Games.

Never mind, apparently when I synced my iPod it switched my store to the US store. I had to log out of my NZ account and log back in.

Last edited by TRB4; 01-14-2014 at 01:20 PM..
Old 01-14-2014, 01:23 PM

This is a really really quality game. There are some imps from me and others in the upcoming thread (bronxsta already pasted his)
Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Like in other free games with a similar unlock method, devs intend for you to repeat stages to find all secrets before progressing. When I completely finished the first area, I had around 3000 points. 2000 went to unlocking the next zone, 300 or so went to upgrading the first skill, and another 500 to open an extra skill slot. Simply repeat stages to get more points!

There's only one currency here (chili points) and it's done remarkably well. If you find the sample videos even just a little bit interesting, it's worth giving a go at.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:39 PM

This will get some time on my phone when it hits the US store. Hopefully, as Bronxsta says it's "varied" as it could get boring quick if not. The graphics and animations look nice and smooth.

Btw, Bronxta nice imps, you've sold me on some paid games before

Last edited by rich_952000; 01-14-2014 at 01:45 PM..