★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Six to Start
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 407.6 MB
  • Version: 2.4
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Autumn 50% off sale! (originally $7.99, now only $3.99) Join 700,000 runners in an epic adventure!

You tie your shoes, put on your headphones, take your first steps outside. Youve barely covered 100 yards when you hear them. They must be close. You can hear every guttural breath, every rattling groan - theyre everywhere. Zombies. Theres only one thing you can do: Run!

Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game and audio adventure, co-created with award-winning novelist Naomi Alderman. We deliver the story straight to your headphones through orders and voice recordings - and when you get back home, you use the supplies youve collected while running to build and grow your base.

BBC NEWS - The only way to save yourself is to run for real.
WIRED - In the style of Runkeeper, with an exciting undead twist.
LIFEHACKER - A really cool way to get outside and exercise.
CNN - Turns exercise into a game - a terrifying, terrifying game.
NPR - "It gets you moving!"
TIME.COM - "Takes all the fun of a zombie game and funnels it into a fitness app."

Evaded all zombie mobs :-) One of my best sprints ever; this app works!
This game will make you sweat. Perfect junction between game design and run tracker.
Just tried @zombiesrungame and for the first time in my life I feel truly alive.

Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. You can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail. It even works on treadmills!

Hundreds of lives are counting on you. Youve got to rebuild your base from a few shivering survivors into a fortified beacon of civilization by collecting critical supplies and avoiding roving zombie hordes. Can you save them and learn the truth about the zombie apocalypse?

You become the hero in an epic story of humanitys struggle for survival where your running *really* matters, and theres a deeper mystery to be uncovered as well. This app includes all 33 missions from Season 1 as well as the first 7 missions from Season 2 plus a further 57 missions are available for purchase!

Choose your own custom playlists before you start running: the story unfolds in between your tracks through a series of dynamic radio messages and voice recordings.

With our optional Zombie Chases mode, youll need to increase your speed and work up a sweat if you hear zombies on your tail. Thats right - weve made interval training *fun*!

Register with our free ZombieLink service to view and share your runs online, complete with maps, full run history, and the ability to play back zombie chases so you can see how much faster you ran when the living dead were right behind you! Plus you can sync your runs with Runkeeper and export them as GPX files.

With our new ZombieLink Social feature, you can keep tabs on how your friends are doing online, and also share your runs on Twitter and Facebook.

You automatically collect items like medicine, batteries, and ammo while running - but when youre back home, who needs them more: the soldiers or the doctors? Which buildings need extra defenses? Its up to you - and the bigger your base, the more missions you can play.

- Requires iOS 6 or above. Works on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod Touch 4th gen and 5th gen.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Accelerometer mode can dramatically decrease battery life.

Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/zombiesrungame

justln's comments:

I wonder how well this works, $8 is pretty costly though.
02-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Yep $7.99 seems quite dear, has some impressive quotes from those companies, would love to see url's for them though !

Think it needs a gameplay video for sure, pricey considering what else is on offer tonight

02-29-2012, 06:35 AM
I`ll give it a try. Expect the usual Feedback as soon as I`m back from Mars with Helios...
02-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Just sounds like a jogging app?lol

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
02-29-2012, 06:45 AM
With 30 missions and over 40 runs worth of gameplay

- The launch version comes with 13 missions, with 17 more missions to be released in upcoming free updates

You'd have thought that if they wanted to launch at such a high cost they'd at least have it all ready!

So you run, and the distance you cover basically determines amount of supplies etc that you receive....

Not my idea of fun or fitness

Game Center - I BrEaKBEaT I
02-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Just got it, guess I'll post my impressions after my first run in months.
02-29-2012, 07:38 AM
I picked this up yesterday and immediately went for a run. My run was 5.41km (3.6mi) long. Lasted about 30 minutes. Each mission from what I heard lasts from 25-35 minutes. The story in the first mission was very cool. You will hear a story part and then a song from your playlist of choice, and then another story part. If you are still running after your mission is over, you can keep the app open. You will be able to collect supplies and it will still track your run. I only had one zombie mob chase me. A zombie mod is where there is a mob of zombies behind you that you have to outrun. They are completely random in their timing too. The sprints last about 30 seconds to a minute. After your run you get to choose where you want to put the supplies. By handing out supplies to upgrade your "Abletown" to be better. Overall it is extremely fun, and worth it. If you like zombies but haven't gotten motivated to run, here is your chance.

Originally Posted by Bhoy View Post
Ask pbarillas how to make the character jump he's intelligent. He should answer. He sometimes doesn't answer though because he has other commitments like learning nursery rhymes, the alphabet and how to tie his shoe laces.
02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Wow. Just came back from my run.

I am a very lazy person who has not gone for a run in at least 6 months.
I ran 5km in about 30 mins and enjoyed every bit of it.

The best part of my run was when I am 20m away from my house and the zombie mob came. Was in a lift and the zombies were 8m from me.
03-02-2012, 04:46 PM
There is an excellent write-up on TA's main page about this app. I highly recommend reading the entire article ... it explains later that this app works great in the gym, too ... it's not just for those of us that run.

03-02-2012, 05:29 PM
As someone that runs 4-5 times a week, I more than likely only be using it as my fun run day once a week. It still feels a bit pricey. That and the fact that it does not keep track of any run data or record it.

I like to be able to see my times improving. Or to know if I am slowing down or speeding up off of my pace a bit. I would also like to be able to keep a record of the distance and time it took. This app just feels like an audio book with some creative ways to get me to sprint, which only ended up happening twice in a 3.5 mile run for about 20 seconds.

On a side note... it doesn't seem like it realistically keeps track of distance covered. I ran ran over the distance determined in the upper right and it still marked mission 1 as a 5k.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder