★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Underground Kingdom (by Visual Baker)

01-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Underground Kingdom (by Visual Baker)

This is a high-quality gamebook that reached its Kickstarter goal last year, was released a week ago, and thus far has gone completely unnoticed around here.
01-23-2013, 01:49 AM
[Deleted]
01-23-2013, 05:48 AM
looks amazing guys....any imps?

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
01-23-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm very curious about this one. I wonder what the writing and story are like, but the UI and general polish look very good. I'll probably get this one soon.

All times favorites : CAVE shooters, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Groove Coaster, Infinity Blade 2, King of Dragon Pass, Ascension, Alien Frontier, Sorcery!, Gamebook Adventure
GameCenter: Corroyeur
01-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
I'm very curious about this one. I wonder what the writing and story are like, but the UI and general polish look very good. I'll probably get this one soon.
It's a digital translation of a physical Choose Your Own Adventure book, which were written more for kids and are generally "lighter" than the Fighting Fantasy books that were around at the same time. There's no combat system or 400-entry stories in the CYOA series, so this title plays up the interactive storybook aspect rather than being a more straightforward text-focused work like the FF or GA gamebooks.
01-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
It's a digital translation of a physical Choose Your Own Adventure book, which were written more for kids and are generally "lighter" than the Fighting Fantasy books that were around at the same time. There's no combat system or 400-entry stories in the CYOA series, so this title plays up the interactive storybook aspect rather than being a more straightforward text-focused work like the FF or GA gamebooks.
Thanks for the info, I never read the Choose Your Own Adventures books when I was a kid (not translated in French I think). Ít'll be a nice change of pace while waiting for House of Hell and Judge dredd 2 (or any non Tin Man gamebook in the works I don't know about!)

All times favorites : CAVE shooters, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Groove Coaster, Infinity Blade 2, King of Dragon Pass, Ascension, Alien Frontier, Sorcery!, Gamebook Adventure
GameCenter: Corroyeur